Episode 33 "The Soccer Mom in the Mini-Van" Part 2

-Venus POV- 

I go to the other side of the interrogation room and watch as Booth says, "Officer Valenti, credit card records show that, uh, you bought gas near June Harris' home." "I didn't know where she lived. Just the town from the postmark on the letter." "Her apology letter." "She should've had the nerve to come talk to me face to face." "So that's when you went to Huntzinger." "Yeah." Temp adds, "And hit him." "He protects people like her." "That's his job." "I was five years old when my father was killed. My mother told me he wasn't coming home again. I didn't believe her. I sat by that window, waiting, every day for months." Booth then says, "You seem pretty angry about that." Agent Reilly then asks, "Why didn't you tell me what you were going tot do?" "You'd try and talk me out of it." Temp adds, "Did you know how little time she was going to serve?" Booth adds, "Because that might make someone take matter into their own hands." "I'm a cop, man. I didn't blow her up." Agent Reilly speaks, "Booth..." Booth cuts him off, "Sam. It's my investigation. Officer Valenti, I going to need your gun." "Why?" "Because June Harris was shot before she died." Temp adds. "We'd like to make sure the bullet didn't come from your gun." "You going to let them di this to me, Sam?" "It's just a formality, Danny." "Then let's be formal. Get a warrant."

We entered to Booths room as we see Sam sitting there waiting for us. Booth calls him out, "Sam?" He looks at us and back to the file, "Ballistics says the bullet was not a match for Danny's gun." Temp then says, "Booth should have that report first. He's the lead." "You know, Booth, she must be really good in bed, because I can't see any other reason you keep her around here." I looked at him with wide eyes as Temp says, "I am. Very good, but... Booth has no direct knowledge of that fact." I blush and sigh laying my forehead to my head, "To much information that we didn't need to hear Temp." Booth nods, "Okay, okay, let's all stay focused here, people, okay? Sam, you know what? You should never..." He cuts him off, "But it was a match for the gun that killed Danny's father 30 years ago." "Right, the same gun that was registered to Harris' old boyfriend, Watkins. But it was never found." "Everyone we interviewed at the time said Harris would never make a move without talking to Watkins first. I told you, we need to find him." "Yeah, okay, we will, Sam. You just got to give me some room here." He grabs Booth's arm, "Hey, hey, Booth. Don't cut me out. I've worked my whole career for this." "As soon as I find something out, I'll let you know, Sam." Agent Reilly hesitated but nods as Booth comes over to us, "Come on, Bones, Blueberry." We nod and leave the office.

We are at Angie's workspace as Zack had found that our victim was shot with the same bullet in the hand and shoulder. Angie started to speak, "I'm creating a trajectory analysis factoring in both the hand and the shoulder. These are photos from the crime scene 30 years ago." She zooms it in and makes the pictures 3D. Zack then says, "That's the home of the defense contractor, Gerald Locklear, where the NLA burglary occurred." Cam adds, "June Harris and Neal Watkins were in Locklear's office at the back of the house." Angie says, "The original FBI photos were crude, based on fingerprints and scuff marks on the floor. It assumes that June stood guard, while Neal emptied the safe." Cam continues as we watch the scenario play out, "When Officer Valenti walks in surprising them, June fires, killing Valenti." I nod, "Yes, but that doesn't explain her injuries. Unless June emptied the safe while Neal stood guard." Angie nods, "Exactly. Neal aims at Officer Valenti, but June steps between them, raises her hands to Stop Neal, but he fires." Temp then says, "She was trying to protect the policeman." I nod as Cam says, "June Harris was telling the truth. She didn't kill Valenti. Neal Watkins did."

Hodgins then comes in, "He also made the bomb. The watch used to make the timer was coated with a volatilized pigment used by the Sawyer Time Company." We watch as he opens up an image on the computer of the watch as Temp says, "An American Flag watch?" Cam adds, "Nice ironic, touch." Hodgin then says, "Watkins always used the same type of watch when making bombs for the NLA. It was his signature. They found traces of them at an ROTC headquarters, the IRS office..." Cam then concluded, "June told him she was going to turn herself in." I add, "He wasn't going to let that happen, so he made a new bomb using an old watch and killed her." Hodgin adds, "And a message for anyone who thought the revolution was over." Angie adds, "Sounds like a bad ex-boyfriend." I nod agreeing as Temp says, "Well, that's assuming she was in contact with him." Cam adds, "And we have no way of knowing where that would've taken place if she had seen him." Hodgin then says, "Not so sure about that. I have her air filter." I smile and high five Hodgins, "Nice, that is like an entomological GPS."