Episode 84 ''The Body and the Bounty'' Part 2

Venus POV

After finishing I head back to the lab to check up on any progress the team has made as I meet Temp also seeming to check up as we go up onto the platform seeing Professor Jude as Temp says, "Dr. Saroyan tells me that you determined cause of death." I get excited, "That's wonderful, what did you find Professor Jude?" He looks at us smiling, "Keen observation and careful thought are traits that are as valuable as kindness, understanding and compassion." Temp then says, "Much more valuable, actually." I shake my head a bit, "No, I agree with Professor Jude on that Temp. Learn as much as I have, you'll come to understand the importance and value a lot more clearly."

Professor Jude smiles as he begins to explain to us, "Well, I try to promote all the traits which make for a good citizen." We then look at the computer screen of an up-close image of the wound indicating cause of death as we see something a bit off about it as Temp says, "I agree that substantial damage has been done to this rib. Do you have an explanation for the fact that the two sides of the rib fail to match?" "I missed something?" I nod a bit, "The two sides of the fracture. There's a gasp of at least seven millimeters which is unaccounted for." He looked a bit astonished, "I missed it entirely. But there's no shame in making a mistake."

I smile a bit, "Where have you been all my life." He just smiles as Temp doesn't think of the same as me as she tells him, "If you're a child. But here, that kind of carelessness could lead to a murderer escaping." He nods a bit agreeing as he then says, "And as the old adage goes, 'If at first you don't succeed, you pick yourself up, and, ignoring all the doom-sayers and mopey-dopes, you try again." 

He then grabs some tweezers looking inside the fatal wound as he finds something taking it out as it seems to be a piece of the victim's rib as he says, "Amazing. Now the only component that's evading us is a bullet that caused this injury." But Temp says, "No, that is not the only component evading us." I nod agreeing as I say, "Good work Professor Jude." "Thank you."

Temp and I leave and go over to Angie's as we tell her what we found and have her come up with a scenario on how the victim's wound got inflicted. About 30 minutes later Cam comes over as we called her as she says, "What's going on?" Temp answers, "We've asked Angela to create a reenactment of the victims death." Angie nods, "I'm just inputting the data now." She inputs it as we see an image of the victim's anatomy as Cam then says, "Professor Jude turned out to be quite impressive, didn't he?"

I nod agreeing as Temp says, "Well, if you're six years old." Cam and I say at the same time, "A kind mind is a fine mind." Angie and Temp looked at us as Cam explains, "It's just, that stuff gets into your head, and..." I nod agreeing, "Yeah... let's just say he has very catching phrases, is all." Cam nods, "Exactly. Go, Angela." Angie nods beginning, "As you can see, the victim was struck in the left fourth rib with a blow that was powerful enough, not only to fracture the rib, but also dislodge a portion of the bone."

I nod pointing out, "Professor Jude found a fragment of the rib. The theory is that the fragment was propelled forward and shot into the heart, thus killing him." Cam then asks, "So he wasn't killed by a bullet, but by a piece of his own rib?" I nod, "There's no indication of the weapon being a bullet." "What did the rib damage?" Angie then says, "I hate to be the one to suggest this, but this might be the perfect time for Ven, Hodgins and Science Dude to join forces."

My ears perked up a bit hearing something very fun and pleasing as Cam says, "Bring merriment to your experiment." We all look at her as she continues, "I just... made that one up myself." I just smile, "I'm fine with whatever way you say it. I'm just glad we get to do an experiment!" I run off as they watch me as a child getting a present, "Hodgins! Hodgins! Get your gear and tools and Professor Jude! We're doing an experiment!" I could hear him from his workspace yelling out just as excited, "Really?!" "Yeah!" "Yes! Professor Bunson Jude the Science Dude!"