Episode 11 "Two Bodies in the Lab" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Boss and I were walking towards Temp's office discussing about the institution and the new case as I was drinking a cup of coffee. We walk up to Temps door and Boss knocked on the door causing to scare Temp. "Oh." I speak, "Oh, did we startle you sis?" "Yeah, I was just chatting with a friend online." Boss speaks, "I'm sorry, but we have a new delivery, top priority." She nods as we watch her sends someone a message. Boss and I look at each other amused as he says, "Sounds like a good friend." "Yes. It's fascinating how interests and intimacy can be cultivated online." "So you've never met this friend." I shake my head as I drink start to sip my coffee as Temp answers, "I've done enough Googling to schedule a dinner." I then choked when she said she was having dinner with a person she never met face to face. I started coughing as I waved them off as to continue their conversation. Temp just pats my back as she speaks, "You said there was a delivery?" I nod and we made our way to the platform.

We are getting up on the platform as Zack speaks to us, "The bones washed ashore on Chesapeake Bay." Hodgins adds, "Judging from the algae, he's been fish food for quite a while." Temp then asks, "They ate through both tibias." Zack continues, "The remains show evidence of bullet wounds." Hodgins cuts in, "Which would explain why he has all those holes in him." Zack ignores him and continues, "Looks as though they weren't made by a .32. Maybe a .38." Angie then comes up, "Heard you might need a face." Boss then speaks, "The FBI's pretty certain this is James Cugini. They're looking for evidence that could lead them to the killer." Hodgins speaks, "Wow. Jimmy Cugini." Temp then speaks, "I don't know who that is." Angie answered, "It's a mob boss who disappeared six years ago after his daughter's dance recital." Hodgins then adds, "Cement shoes. Pretty trite." I chuckle, "Why mess with the classics? Did they find any of the bullets?" "No." Look at them as Temp speaks, "Oh, they really are quite good at this." Hodgins then asks, "Should we really be involved in mob stuff? I mean, they're really into the whole killing thing." Boss then speaks, "I can provide you with a job description if you've forgotten what we do here, Dr. Hodgins." 

I chuckle as Temp speaks, "After you clean him up, Zack, I want you to X ray the bones for any bullet fragments. Be very careful cleaning the exit and entrance wounds." I continued for her, "We want to recover any markings the bullet left as it passed through the bone." "I could have him ready about 8:00 tonight." I nod as Temp speaks, "Can't work tonight. Tomorrow morning's fine." Angie then speaks, "You have a date tonight." "It's not a date. It's a meal." Hodgins asks, "With a man?" Angie adds, "Did you meet him on the website I told you about?" I nod as Booth comes up, "You're dating online?" "It's a practical way of objectively examining a potential partner without all the game-playing." Temp and I walk towards Booth and a guest. Angie then adds in, "That comes later, if it works out. Hi, I'm Angela." "Special Agent Jamie Kenton. Dr. Brennan?" "Hey." I add in as there was some tensions "I'm Dr. Venus..." We shake hands as Angie looks between Temp and Agent Kenton. "You two know each other." Temp speaks first, "I was at the Bureau when Booth took his coffee cup. Apparently, they're both the 'World's Greatest FBI Agent.'" Booth nods, "That's right. Kenton's working the Cugini case. He's one of the original investigators. This is Brennan's and Venus Brain Trust." I nod and show him the way, "Your victim is over here."

Booth then asks Temp, "So, what if your computer date's a psycho?" Angie adds, "Only about a billion people date online." I then add, "That is why I am here Ranger, I am going to accompany her until her date gets there. I get to judge and meet him before anything like that happens." Booth then adds, "Whatever happened to seeing someone across a crowded room, eyes meeting, that 'ole black magic gets you in its spell..'?" Temp looks at him, "There's no such thing as magic." "Oh, there's magic." "Yeah, are you here for a reason? Because Agent Kenton is handling this." "We have some remains to look at." "Yeah, we already looking at them." "No, not the Cugini case. Kenton will baby-sit him. These are fresh." Temp then speaks, "I was told that our friend in the cement shoes took precedence. That was before they found someone tortured and ripped apart by dogs." I look at Booth, "Take us there." He nods as I bid Boss goodbye and the rest of the team.