Episode 50 "The Bone that Blew" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Cam, Temp and I were walking as Temp asks us, "How could you two have hired him?" Cam answers, "Your father was the best candidate." "Are you sure? Dad is an excellent liar." I then say, "But he's also an excellent science teacher Temp. I even called the school where he taught..." "Well, 15 years ago." "Yes, and after 15 years, they still remember him. Did you know that they named their lab after dad. I feel pleased, don't you?" "Well, you are incorrect. Is there a probation period?" I nod, "Yes." "Well, what would please me is if you terminated him at the end of that time." I was confused and sadden, "What?" Cam looked surprised as I then followed behind Temp to see what she was going to do. We enter our kids program room as we see our Dad conducting an experiment with the kids, "Okay, kids, everybody put on their googles." Temp then says, "Hello?" Dad turns around seeing us as I wave at him, "Hi, honey." He then turns back to the group, "Hey. Okay, ready... aim, fire." We watch as the Jell-O glows bright as the children start oohing as one kid said, "The light refracted." Dad nods, "Yeah, now why is the light visible?" Another kid answers, "Because the Jell-O molecules are close together." "Yeah, but that's not magic, that's..." The children yells together, "Max K, the Science Way." 

I applaud as Temp turns on the lights as Dad says to the kids, "Science squad meet my daughters, the world-famous anthropologist, Dr. Temperance Brennan and the Head Director of the Jeffersonian Dr. Venus Brennan. Of course, I taught them everything they know." I just smile as Temp says, "Actually, we went to college. We have multiple degrees." Dad nods, "Well, tell the kids a little something about refraction." I nod about to say something as Temp starts to speak, "Snell's Law states that the angle of incidence is related to the angle of refraction, where v equals the wave velocities through the respective media and N equals..." I cut in knowing that the kids won't understand that "Nifty. That's very nifty Temp." Dad then asks her, "What was your favorite example when you were a kid?" Temp sighs, "Rainbows." Kids started to get excited as the whisper out loudly, "Rainbows." "I love rainbows." Dad nods, "Yeah rainbows. She used to make me drive her all the way across town, to the other side of the rainbow because she didn't believe that light came out of the top of a raindrop." Temp nods, "Yeah." "So, are there any questions for our scientist?" I get excited, "I love questions" All the kids raises their hands. But Temp then says, "We have to go examine the frontal bone of a dead person's skull. Maybe another time, kids." She starts dragging me with her as I say, "Wait, maybe just a few questions Temp?!"

We were at the crime scene as I was up on a tree collecting samples as the forensic team takes off a part of a skull as Temp says, "Most likely a wind deposit them there." Booth nods, "Hmm. That seems most likely." "Well, the bones didn't come from the ground, and they didn't come from the sky, that leaves the wind." I look down seeing a police officer walking over to Tem and Booth as she says, "Those people over there need to clear out." Booth says, "Okay, well those people over there are looking for the rest of that." "They are right in the middle of the masked booby migration path." "Masked booby? You're kidding." "The department of Fish and Wildlife does not kid, Agent Booth." I then speak from up the tree as she looks at me, "Could, you just give us a minute?" Booth nods, "Then you can have your boobies all to yourself." I chuckle a bit as I finished collecting the samples I need and decided to stay sitting up here since someone took my ladder. I watch him whisper to Temp as she says, "This one's a portion of the sacrum. Definitely human. There's char marks." She then smells it as Booth says grossed out, "Oh, God. You know I hate when you sniff and smell dead things. Blueberry doesn't even do that." I add, "That's because I let Temp do the honors of sniffing." 

Temp then says, "Fresh burn. Days or weeks rather than months." We then hear Wendell yell out, "I found a hyoid." I repeat. "Oh, he found a hyoid." He brings it over to Temp, "Dead guy's hyoid." Temp then says, "Huy' as in the sexually nonspecific urban colloquialism or in reference to the gender normally associated with a penis, Mr. Bray?" "Uh... The penis." I chuckle a bit as Temp looks at it, "Similar char marks." I then ask the officer, "Any fires in the last couple weeks?" "No." Temp speaks, "The body of the hyoid is fractured." Wendell adds, "Strangulation." "This man was murdered." I then add, "Then that means that we'll need to search this entire area." Booth nods looking at the police officer, "According to my scientists, your boobies are out of luck." I stifled my laugh as I adjusted myself on the tree getting ready to come down as Booth sees me do so. "What are you trying to do Blueberry?" They all look at me as I get into the right stance, "I am going to get down from the tree, but someone took my ladder, so I am just going to jump off." "Whoa. You're going to get hurt jumping from that height." Wendell jumps in, "He's right. Plus, your arm just fully healed from that gunshot wound from your last case."