Episode 74 " Bones on a Blue Line"

Venus POV

I run down the stairs as I looked around the subway station as I spot the person I was looking for. I smile quickly making my way over to them as they had some earphones in their ears unable to hear anybody as I pat his shoulder. He turns around seeing it was me as he takes them off, "Oh, hey Venus. You made it." I smiled, "Of course I came Sweets. This is a whole new adventure for me. Like I said last time, "I've been down in the subway before, but I've never actually rid one before." He nods, "That's what baffles me, who could you not ride a subway before." "Well, I always had to travel on foot, so I never needed to go through transportation underground before and most of my life I was in the military, and we didn't really take transportation in a subway before." He nods a bit understanding as we see the train stop in front of us as it starts opening the doors letting us in. We enter as we take our seats. I look around the place taking in everything and the people in here. 

A few minutes in the ride Sweets and I noticed a boy standing next to us as he gets a notification as he checks it. It seemed to impact on him as he had to take a seat as he then begins crying. Sweets and I looked at each other for a moment as we look at the guy as I ask, "Uh, excuse me. Are you all right?" He looks at us and nods, "Yes. Thanks. Yes, um-" He sniffles a bit as he adds, "In fact, I'm great. I've been fighting leukemia for the past eight years, and now, I just got a text- I'm cancer-free." Sweets and I looked at him happily as Sweets says first, "That's awesome." I add, "Congratulations." The guy then starts smiling even more, "Its- Oh, my God." He laughs in excitement as he then explains to us more, "I've been on hold for almost half my life. No more. No. I'm gonna travel. I'm gonna sleep with exotic women in exotic places. I-I'm gonna do anything I want."

We smile for him as Sweets says, "Hey, that sounds like a good plan." I nod agreeing as I then say, "Well congratulations, would you be okay with a hug?" He nods as I give him a nice firm hug as we let go of each other as Sweets goes to shake his hand, "Congrats, man." As we then looked forward I leaned towards Sweets a bit as I whisper, "The subway is really full of mystery huh?" Sweets thinks about it and nods, "Yeah... It really is." Not even two minutes within the train begins to sway repeatedly fast as we looked around as the guy then asks, "Whoa. What's goin' on?" We then could feel the train starts to put on its breaks as we look out our window seeing water hitting it as Sweets says, "Oh, my God." 

We then suddenly see a body hit the window as well as the guy then says freaked out, "What the hell is that?" I explain, "That's human remains..." Because of the force amount of pressure the water is hitting against the train it caused the train to be pushed against a concrete pillar making all of inside fall out of our seats as I reacted quickly and placed myself over Sweets holding onto the side of the bar and the seat with much strength I have as we all were harshly pushed as Sweets collides with me as I keep us secure in our seats as much as I could. But then we hear a thumping sound as we I looked behind me and sweets looks down as we see the same young man dead laying on the ground as I let go of the seat and bar falling slowly onto the ground as Sweets looked at the guy in shock. Sweets looked very panicked as I get down next to him quickly checking his pulse not feeling anything as Sweets asks, "Anything?" I shake my head as he then said, "Oh, no." "He's gone Sweets." 

I close my eyes yet to witness another loss for someone who had very optimistic hopes and dreams just to be cut this short as I take a deep breath. I open my eyes again and closed the guys eyes as I hear Sweets panting a bit as I looked at him worried as I could see his shaken up look in his eyes letting me know that this was the first time, he's experienced a death like this before as I lean over to him and give him a hug, I'm sorry you had to see that Sweets..." I could feel him hug me as he then says, "I should be saying that to you Venus, you're shaking." I didn't even realize that I was actually shaking as I then say, "I can't help it, you know with bad memories and experiences, I think my mind and body aren't in line with each other." I feel him nod, "Yeah..."