Episode 65 "The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken" Part 2

Venus POV

We are walking in Cam's workspace where the rest of the team is as we enter Temp says, "Alright lets start examining the body. They turn to look at us as Hodins and Cam nods, but I see Wendell looking at me in what seems to be a daze like look. I just blush a bit giving him a little smile as Hodgins comes around Wendell with some equipment patting his back real quick whispering something to him. I was a bit curious but didn't say anything as I walk next to him and Temp next to me, with Hodgins at the end of the table and Cam on the other side. I still feels eyes on me as I look seeing that Wendell was looking down at my chest as it clicks that Hodgins must have told him that I wasn't wearing a bra underneath. I blush even more as I lightly kick Wendell without anyone noticing getting him to pay back attention. He get's the message as he clears his throat a bit seeing his ears a bit red as well as Temp then begins to explain our findings. As we are examining the victim as Hodgins says, 'DARPA created a chicken soldier?" I just hum wanting to just focus on my work as Wendell says, "I do not see the United States military making a chicken soldier. An eagle, maybe." "That's why we couldn't find his so-called fingers. Because they were transformed into talons. I mean, talons would be much better weapons." I then quickly say with a bit of venom in my words, "They don't make people into creatures, they would only try to enhance their senses like some animals or make some sort of cyborge or something..."

They all looked at me for a moment as Cam decides to bring the conversation a bit somewhere else, "Human remains in water tend to lose all their fingers and toes due to predation." Temp then says, "But if I were going to combine human and animal D.N.A... with an eye toward creating a super soldier, I'd go with a flatworm."  I stop working tensing a bit, even though I know Temp means well and doesn't mean any harm from those words, it still makes me sick when anyone talks about human experimentation. Wendell asks Temp, "Why?" "Self-regeneration, obviously." That was the last stray for me as I say backing up from the table taking off my gloves, "Sorry, but I need to step out for a moment. I feel sick." They all watch me as I quickly turn and walk out of the room fast.

3rd POV

They all watched as Venus quickly makes her way out of the room holding her mouth seeing that she really felt sick. This worried Wendell a lot wanting to follow her and see if she was going to be okay. But Cam got all their attentions back as she says, "People. Let's break this down as though we aren't in a comic book." Hodgins then says, "Man, I've never Venus sick before like that. I didn't think that alcohol could mess her around like that." Wendell begins to feel guilty if that was making Venus not feeling well since it was his fault that got her to drink as Brennan says, "It's true that Venus rarely gets sick, but I am sure it wasn't alcohol that caused her to feel sick."  Wendell looks at her with concern, "Then what made her feel sick?" Brennan just looks at him, "It's most likely the conversation of DARPA and the experimentation that we were discussing about." Hodgins was a bit confused, "But Venus loves experiments and comic books, I would assume that she would've been very into this conversation the most." Brennan shakes her head, "No, it's more that she despises the whole concept and practical methods since she was the only surviving experiment from one of DARPA's projects..." She then realizes what she let out as she quickly regrets not paying attention what she said as she looks at everyone. 

Everyone looks at her stunned at this new information as she says to them, "...I wasn't supposed to say that... That was supposed to be a classified secret..." Hodgins then says slowly, "She's a super solider... Oh, man that would definitely make her feel sick." Wendell nods slowly looking out of the door feeling a huge amount of regret for not noticing her discomfort and not stopping the conversation all together. Cam then speaks getting them all to pay back attention to the case even though she also feels guilty of their conversation as she says, "No water in the sinuses or lungs. No pulmonary edema." Hodgins says, "He didn't drown." Brennan then says, "No, the sinus cavity is abnormally large." Cam nods, "His whole sinus cavity is scarred. The septum's almost gone. Evidence of multiple constrictions of the arterioles at Kieselbach's plexus." Brennan then inserts a long thin camera through the nasal cavity as they look at the screen seeing the inside. Wendell says, "Well, that is a lot of scar tissue. What are we talking here- plastic surgery?" Brennan speaks, "The scarring could explain why he has a beaklike nose." Wendell adds, "Polyps and tumors in the maxillary and sphenoid could've enlarged the cavity." Cam then says, "The closest thing I've ever seen to that is a cocaine addict who ran out of drugs and started snorting things like sugar and powdered detergent." Hodgins sees something as he asks, "Anyone have any explanation for these red stripes extending from the soft palate down the esophagus?"