Episode 27 "Bodies in the Book" Part 1

-Venus POV- 

I was up all-night hearing Temp and Sully playing around if you know what I mean. I didn't get an ounce of sleep. As we were now at the lab meeting Temps publisher. We walk up to them as Temp says, "Sorry I am late." Her publisher named Ellen says, "Oh, thank God. Hank. You know, dear, your book is on the bestsellers list. You don't have to work in this place anymore." I wasn't really focused as I didn't hear her say that as Temp says, "This is my real love, Ellen." "I know a therapist, dear, who could really help you." I heard that as Temp and I gave her a confusing look as she stops. "Okay, um... the reading and the book signing are this Wednesday night. hank has arranged for transportation." Hank nods, "Yes, a car will pick you up here at the lab, Dr. Brennan."

Ellen continues, "And then there's that radio interview next Tuesday. Now, that's an early one, so just tell Hank what you would like for breakfast." Temp then says, "That's not necessary." "Oh, honey, don't worry about that. That's what Hank is for. Right, Hank?" "Sure. Um, I wanted to tell you, Dr. Brennan, I'm a huge fan. I thought this book is even better..." Ellen cuts him off as I give him a sympathetic look, "Now, as far as your photo shoot is concerned..." She was cut off by Booth, "Okay, Bones, Blueberry, we gotta go. They found a floater in the marina. Come on." We turned around and looked at him as he looks at me, "Whoa, what happened to you Blueberry?" "No sleep..." Temp then introduces him to the other two, "Oh, my and Vens partner, Seeley Booth. This is the publicist for my book. Ellen Laskow, and her assistant, Hank." Ellen then says, "Hello. Now I see why Temperance writes those dirty little scenes in her books." We looked at the two as they say, "That-that's not me." "It's not him." "Right. You must let me get you that therapist's number, dear."

Booth then says, "Oh, no, seriously, she's got someone." I then add, "Why do you think I couldn't sleep last night with all that noise." "Booth. Ven." Booth then says, "Well, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean, he is kind of short." I start falling asleep listening to their antics. They start walking away as I was almost fully asleep as Booth comes back and throws me over his shoulder carrying me away as I wake up groggily as I look up at the two and wave them bye, "Nice to see you both Ellen, Hank... I hope to hear what you wanted to say Hank." He smiles a bit and they both wave me a goodbye as I dropped back down onto Booth.

We get to the crime scene as Booth holds my head as we were walking as I would just wander around and they don't need me falling inside the water. Booth then begins to speak, "So, is it just me, or is this, you know, kind of weird?" Temp asks, "What?" "Well, in your new book, they found a body at the marina, right?" I then say, "Yes, it is weird." Temp adds, "You read my book?" "Of course. Anyhow, a guy docking a boat saw something floating in the water. Thought it was a dead fish, and it ended up being a decomposed hand. The dive crew just located the rest of the body." "I didn't think you'd have time to read my book." "You have time to write it; I have tie to read it. Besides, you know, can't avoid the damn thing. Your book is everywhere."

My eyes were closing as Booth stopped me as a man says, Okay, bring it up." I open my eyes and notice something else off and familiar, "Booth?" "Yeah." "Look. Body on the anchor?" The man nods, "Yeah, tied to the chain. Body's not tied with rope. The divers said they used..." Temp finishes,  "Red tape." The body is out of the water as we see the victim wrapped in red tape. The man asks, "How'd you know?" Temp then says, "Because that's how I wrote it." We looked at each other knowing that this was going to be a unique case. I then say, "When I wake up fully I am going to be so mad." I finally let sleep take over as I close my eyes and start falling back as Booth catches me and sighs, "Why here?" He throws me over his shoulder again as we head back to the car."

I finally got a good amount of sleep as we were back in the lab with Zack and Cam as I say, "Victim was male, mid-40s. Estimated time of death is five days ago." Cam then asks, "Only five days? This is an extreme rate of decomp." Hodgins then comes and says, "Blue crab season. They'll feed on anything, dead or alive." I add, "Vegetation, fish, flesh..." Cam then says, "ugh, opportunistic little bastards." Zack then says, "Elliptical wound on the frontal bone with the reverse beveling. He was shot." Temp then asks, "Is there a bullet?" "No. Irregular exit wound on the occipital. Looks like a through and through." Cam then asks, "Dr. Brennan, exactly how similar is this situation to your book?" Temp then says, "The victim in my book are bound and gagged with red tape, shot and then fed to various animals." "Cheery." Hodgins adds, "I love the symbolism of the red tape. Perfect way to dispose of bureaucrats." "Thank you."