Episode 37 "The Boy in the Time Capsule" Part 2

-Venus POV-

Temp, Booth and I are at the home were Janell Brown now lives. Booth then says, "okay, Bones, Blueberry, so there was this girl, okay? Sherai Bellapenni. Sherai, Sherai. She was the coolest hottest girl in high school. And I wanted to ask her to my junior prom, so what I did was, I bribed the suck-up who did the morning announcements." Temp and I were a bit confused as we ask, "Suck-up?" "Yeah, the kids who did anything to please the teachers. So I get on the loudspeaker, and I ask her to prom." Temp and I nod listening waiting to hear more as he says, "On the loudspeaker." Temp then asks, "This is your embarrassing story?" "On the loudspeaker." "Yeah." "I got laughed at for weeks." I then ask, "Did she go with you to the prom?" "Sure." Temp then says as we were at the front of the door. "Okay, this is merely another story of victory and sexual conquest." I just choose to ring the doorbell as Booth says, "Look, Bones, they laughed at me. Okay, laughing has got to count for something." "There's no public humiliation in that story, Booth. You don't even know what public humiliation is."

We are then greeted by a woman by the door. "Hi." I smiled, "Hello." Booth then speaks, "Uh, Ms. Stinson, Special Agent Booth, uh..." Temp cuts to the chase, "Was your name Janelle Brown in high school?" "Yes." Booth asks, "Mind if we come in and ask you a few questions?" "Of course, yeah. Come in." We go inside and take a seat. We then hand her a picture as she looks at it, "Look at her. I wish I was Janelle Brown again. Or at least part of me do. You know what I mean." She had looked at Temp and I as we looked at her with confusion as Booth asks, "You lived at 224 Green Gates Crescent?" "Yeah, just a few blocks from here."

Temp adds, "it backed onto a swamp." "Yeah. I was scared of that swamp as a little girl." Booth asks, "How well did you know Roger Dillon?" "Oh, I don't know. He was my math tutor. And, well, math wasn't really my thing, so I needed a lot of help, and well... he kind of developed a crush on me. He was actually kind of cute in a non-jock way, you know? Sweet. Oh, he loved The Cure." Temp asks, "For what? What did her have?" I tried not to laugh as Booth says, "It's a band, Bones. It's... It's... It's a band. Um, did he tutor you at your place?" "My place or the library. Usually my place. I think he liked it there. You know, his own place wasn't very nice." "Do you remember seeing him on, uh, June 14, 1987?"

We then hear someone calling, "Mom?" Mrs. Stinson then says, "Uh, I'm in here, honey." I turn to look at the boy and started to speculate something familiar about him as Temp says, "It would have been the last day of school." "Oh, uh..." The son then says, "I'm going to Pete's." "Okay." "What's going on?" We all stand up as Mrs. Stinson says, "Um, these people are with the FBI. They're investigating the time capsule murder. I just look at him giving him a smile as Booth says, "Nothing to worry about. Your parents were just friends of the victim." "Well, that sucks." "Yeah. Honey, why don't you go to Pete's?" He nods as she starts walking him out as he gives as one last look as I wave bye at him. Once out of view I start looking around the house especially the pictures.

Without anyone noticing I had sneaked the picture inside my jacket as I sit down with Temp and Booth again as Temp says, "We need a picture of him." Booth asks, "Why?" Before she could answer Mrs. Stinson comes back, "You know, I-I think I actually did see Roger on the last day of school." Booth asks, "Why?" "Like I said, he was my tutor." "Why would he come to your house on the last day of school?" "Honestly? He brought me my graded final, but he'd have used any excuse. I didn't encourage him, but..." She laughs a bit but continues, "High school was so long ago, and none of us is the same person. I'm sorry Roger ended up that way, but after he dropped off my final, I never saw him again, so..." "Well, uh..." I stand up and say cutting Booth off, "Thank you, Mrs. Stinson." "Oh, yes. Uh-huh, of course." Temp and Booth looked at me as I just gave them a smile as they follow my lead. We leave the house and enter the car as Temp says, "We didn't get a picture of the boy and his father." I chuckle, "That is fine Temp, cause I did." I take out the photo showing the parents and son handing it to Temp. Booth then asks, "When did you take that?" "While I was looking around. It wasn't that hard ya 'know."