Episode 15 "The Woman in Limbo" Part 1

- Venus POV-

I walked into Temp's office as I see Boss trying to discuss with her about something. He starts saying, "All I ask is that you stop by the Archaeology Section and identify the skull as Assyrian, Hittite, or Egyptian." Temp then says, "I'm in court today. I need my notes." I pipe in, "There's a photocopy in the file." "No, the last time I read from photocopies, the defense lawyer told the jury I was winging it." I nod remembering the event. Booth then comes in calling out, "Ready? Chop-chop." I looked at Temp as she continues searching, "I can't find my original notes." Booth then says, "Photocopy in the file." I shake my head, "She doesn't want the photocopy, Ranger. Remember last time." Booth nods then says, "It was a ploy. It failed. Let's go." We start walking out as Hodgins comes up to us, "I found glass. I found pollen. Which do you want first?"

I then speak, "Of course it would be pollen." Boss then adds, "Perhaps you could swing by Archaeology on your way to your..." Booth then interjects, "No, no swinging." I then speak, "Boss, I will go look at it instead." Boss sighs in relief as Angie comes up to us, "All right, her height makes no sense, and her spine length is wacky." I was about to say something as Zack comes over to us as well, "Dr. Brennan?" I quickly speak before Zack said anything, "Calculate the height off the femur and assume the fire shrunk her spine. I will be there in a moment to check up with that okay?" Temp then goes up the platform to Zack as Booth calls out to Temp, "Bones!" Temp ignores him and asks Zack, "What's up Buttercup?, if you sign off on these tissue markers, Angela can finish the facial reconstruction." 

I then ask, "Why did you say 'buttercup'?" "What's up. buttercup?' is an amusing rhyming linguistic meme. This is the latest 'Jane Doe' from Limbo." I look at the skull intensely as it has such familiar structure to someone I know. But I can't put my head around who has similar features as this woman.  Booth then speaks, "How about this for an amusing rhyming linguine: 'See you later, alligator." Boss then says, "Please don't refer to bone storage as 'Limbo." Zack then says, "There are thousands of humans remains down there, waiting to be identified. Limbo seems an appropriate name." Temp looks at it as well as she says, "No sign of foul play. Tissue depth of the cheekbones and along the jawline looks a little deep to me, but otherwise..." Booth then cuts her off, "Out of Limbo, back on earth, and on our way to court, thanks.

 I walked with Booth and Temp to give them a far well on their court as a guy name David Simmons comes over to us, "Oh, Temperance!" "David!" "Hi." "What are you doing here?" Booth then pulls her back making all of us walk saying, "She has to get to court, so..." David then says, "Agent Booth, nice to see you again. It is also nice to see you as well Venus, especially when I'm not in custody." I chuckle as I say, "It's nice seeing you as well, David." David then looks at Temp saying, "Listen, I read your manuscript. And couldn't wait to tell you how great it is." "Thank you. Really?" Booth then cuts in grabbing the manuscript, "You read her manuscript?!" "Her second novel. Bone Free. It's kind like Born Free except no lions." "Yuck on the title. Am I in it?" I then quickly say, "Hey! I helped on that title." Temp denies it as David says the opposite. Temp then says, "We have to get to court." "I hope you have your original notes. Because last time..." Temp turns around, "Told you, Booth." "No! Bones! We don't have time." 

I then stop Temp, "I will go get it sis, I will be able to find it much faster then you can, okay?" Temp hesitates but nods. I go into Temps room and find her notes. I jump in victory and start jogging out of Temps office as I passed by Angie's office I noticed a lady on the screen. I stopped and turned around walking into her office slowly. I go up to the Angalator as Boss walks inside seeing that I went in with uncertainty as I ask Angie, "Is this the Jane Doe, that Temp approved the tissue markers?" Angie nods her head, as I dropped Temps notes on the ground as Angie and Boss walk up to me. Boss speaks first, "Dr. Venus, are you alright?" I start breathing faster and everything started to get blurry as Angie grabs me by the shoulders saying, "Sweetie are you okay?! Ven! Ven! Look at me." I look at Angie and the Boss and look past them seeing the image of the woman once again and I start to panicking and hyperventilating while saying, "I... I.... I'm sorry... Why?... Why?... I'm... sorry..." Angie and Boss looked at each other and Boss then says, "I will take her to her panic room and you call in some of the doctors we have here and send them right over to us." Angie nods worried and quickly calls the doctors.