Episode 82 ''The Couple in the Cave'' Part 2

Venus POV

We are then at the park as The Sergent Park Ranger escorts us over there as he tells us, "If George Clooney had been up here, I'm sure I'd remember." Booth shakes his head, "Ah, it's not Clooney." Temp adds, "Apparently, its not a very accurate sketch." "Sorry, I don't recognize either one of 'em. But then, hundreds of people come to the park every day. Well, its worth a shot." We enter inside the cabin seeing it wasn't that big being a one room as Park Ranger explains, "Cabins are inspected weekly. If anything was found, I'm sure it would be in the lost and found." I start looking around the cabin not finding anything, "There doesn't seem to be anything in the cabin." I continue looking around as I hear the Park Ranger tell Booth, "I filled out my application like you said. You know, if, uh, we work well together, maybe you'll give me a recommendation, brothers in arm and all that." "Well, we'll see what happens." I then spot engravings on the wooden beams as I say seeing a very recent fresh carving, "Look at this, Temp, Ranger." Booth looks at the engravings all over the two beams, "Wow. Look at all these names, huh? Talk about the love shack!"

The Park Ranger explain, "Couples have been known to use the shelter for the... occasional romantic interlude." Temp adds, "Like a fig tree." "Beg your pardon?" Booth then tells him, "Nothing. I like figs." I chuckle as I tell him, "It's something you get used to after a while." He nods as I then point out, "Look at this. This is fresh." Booth looks at it and reads it, "9-13.' The day they died." Temp points out, "HF, Hillory Fuller." Booth asks, "Yeah, but who's FV?" I shrug, "Don't know, but that's what we are trying to figure out right?" They nod agreeing.

Temp and I get back to the lab onto the platform as Clark says, "I was trying anything to get an idea of the mystery man, so I analyzed the strontium isotope composition of his teeth. Now, it indicates that the victim spent his first 20 or so years in Central America." I nod as Temp takes a closer look at the charts, "Probably Guatemala, based on the oxygen levels." Cam then comes over explaining, "Well, the remaining tissue I collected from his hands shows a high level of nicotine." She pulls up the charts as Clark says, "So he had green tobacco sickness." I then say, "He was a migrant worker picking tobacco. Which might be why we can't get a match for him." Clark then says, "So the initials 'FV' would probably be Spanish in origin." Temp and I nod as Cam then says, "But Hillary Fuller was a college-educated woman with a good job at a marketing firm. Why would she be involved with a migrant worker?" I nod as I then look at Clark, "See if you could find any additional genetic or environmental markers." He nods getting to work.

The next day we were eating with Sweets as we tell him what's going on as he says, "So, she was marketing director, and he was a migrant worker. I can't believe they were a romantic couple." Booth then says, "Just because they have different background, what you're saying that they can't be in love?" "Your belief in the power of love is admirable, Booth, but an affair between these two is an anthropological anomaly." I nod agreeing as Sweets says, "Yeah, I mean, crossing class boundaries that extreme would be rare and indicate that our victims had something in common we haven't discovered yet." Booth then says, "So it's not possible for two people to overcome their differences?" I shrug, "No, it's possible." Temp then says, "We didn't." We look at her as Booth asks, "What?" Sweets then supports her, "She's right." Booth then tells them, "This is not about us."

Temp then explains, "Sometimes when I was away, I would imagine us together." We all stop eating as we looked at her as Sweets and I ask shocked, "Really?" "Although satisfying, it was clearly a fantasy, because we are also anomalies. But you were lucky enough to meet someone with whom you have parity." Booth corrects her, "Love. With whom I have love." Temp nods as Sweets asks, "Do you guys want to talk about this?" The three of us answered at the same time having each our own reason why, "Nope." "Really because now since Hannah is a part of your life..." Booth cuts him off, "Why don't you just focus on what connected them if they were so incompatible. Okay? That's so easy enough for you to do, right?" I then get a call as I answer, "Venus speaking?" It was Clark as he tells me, "I found the connection. Osteopenia. Both victims exhibit low bone mass and suppressed bone formation." I see what they both had, "They were alcoholics." Sweets then says, "Oh. That's the connection." Clark continues, "Although Hillory Fuller bone mass was weak her osteoblasts did show evidence of a recent increase of bone growth sufficient to indicate that she hasn't been drinking for two years."