Episode 45 "The Finger in the Nest" Part 2

-Venus POV-

I was at Temps office as Booth and Temp come in with Andrew Hopps as Booth says, "Thanks for coming in to the Jeffersonian, Dr. Hopp." "I'm not a doctor yet. I'm only a third-year medical student." I then ask, "So, you tutor Robbie Timmons?" "Yeah, twice a week- here's a complete record of our meetings. He was going to hand it to Temp as Booth snatches it, "I'll take that. Thanks." Booth sees stitch marks on a pillow as he says, "So, you do a little, uh, needlepoint on the side?" I shake my head, "It's used to practice suturing Ranger." Hopp nods his head, "Yeah, next year, we use actual corpses." Booth then asks, "So, what is, uh, Robbie like?" "He's a good kid- I mean, he's never going to be what his dad wants, but he tries hard. Oh!" His watch starts beeping, "I'm sorry, I have to run. I got a class." "Did you ever meet Dr. Elliot?" We start walking out as Hopps says, "The vet that Robbie worked for? The one who got murdered? Yeah, yeah." "I take it you didn't like him, huh?" "Uh, I was raised not to speak ill of the dead." "Yeah, well, I was raised to ask questions like that, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist." "I met him maybe twice, and I'm pretty sure he was tweaking." Temp asks, "What's that?" Booth answers, "He's a meth addict."

Hopps then says, "I'm just not sure Seth Elliot was the best role model for Robbie Timmons, that's all." Temp asks, "Did Robbie Timmons' father know?" "No way. Old Don's a pretty straight arrow. Robbie's his main project, so..." Booth nods, "Well, thanks for coming in." "Hey, thanks for letting me see this place. It's legendary." I then say, "Thanks." He leaves as we go to Angie's workplace.

We are looking at images of dogs as Booth says, "It's dogfighting." Angie then says, "I hate this job, so I'm quitting to go run a gallery in Dubai." Temp then says, "Oh, it's just disgusting." I nod as Angie says, "Yeah, we got the subpoena to download Dr. Elliot's PDA records from the server." Booth asks, "These were on his PDA?" "Time-stamped the day of his death." She changes the image as I point out, "Fighting pit, spectators." Temp continued, "A rape stand used to restrain uncooperative females." I nod, "The smaller cages are for bait- smaller animals used as rewards for the winners." Booth asks us, "They teach you that in anthropology school?" I then speaks, "Pitting animals against each other is a common pastime in evolving cultures, where violence is more commonplace and animal life has no value." Angie adds, "To men. No value to men." Temp nods, "Yes, it's always men." Booth then says, "Here we go again. Okay, you three, don't get all, you know, Xena: Princess Warrior, on me, okay? I guess we know now where Elliot liked to do his gambling."

I then notice something in one of the pictures as I say to Angie, "Wait, Angie, go back." She does as I point a certain spot on the picture, "Right there, can you magnify that?" "What that blob?" "There's something familiar." Angie zooms it in as we see a ball, "It's Gladys' ball." "Who's Gladys?" Booth then says, "Could be enough to for me to get a warrant if the judge had a glass of wine or two at lunch." Angie sighs, "Dubai, people. I'm going to go sell Inuit art to gazillionaires." I then say, "If that happens could I be your first buyer." She smiles, "Yes, you will get my special discount for being my first customer." I smile, "Nice."

We are back at the Timmons place as Booth got the warrant. We get out of the car with the forensic team here as Booth says, "Okay, people, what we're looking for is evidence of a dogfighting operation." Booth then walks up to Ceasar Millan who was going to help us with the dogs this investigation. "Mr. Millan, thank you so much for coming." "I hope I can help." Temp then says, "We've seen you on TV." "Thank you." "No, I only stated a fact- there's nothing inherently complimentary about being on television." I chuckle and shake my head, "She's happy you're here and so am I and Ranger." Booth nods as Mr. Timmons and Robbie come out as he yells, "What the hell's going on here?! " Booth then says to an agent, "You know what? Serve them this warrants; tell them we're looking for Astroturf." Temp then asks, "So where do we look first?" "Start with the larger outbuildings. Come on." As we were walking Ceasar then says, "You don't hurt the ones you love. You don't send the ones you love to their death for entertainment." I nod as I see something in the distance as I nudge Temp and point over to the area. She nods as we start walking our way over as we hear Booth says, "You must really hate these guys." Ceasar nods, "I really do."