Episode 26 "The Man in the Mansion" Part 1

-

-Venus POV-

Temp, Booth, and I walk out of the car as Temo asks us, "Do you both have therapy today?" Booth first says, "It's not therapy." I then say, "I don't know how I ended up in therapy... this was Ranger's fault." Temp then adds, "Well, you're seeing a psychiatrist." Booth then says, "Not for therapy. It's an official evaluation, okay?" We then go under the yellow crime tape as an officer was there to greet us, "Person who found the body's in the living room." Booth nods, "Great. Crime scene first, then we talk to the witnesses." Corpse is gonna be in the den." "Thanks."

Temp then laughs, "What is that?" Booth then asks, "What's what?" "Your tie, it's staid." "Staid?" " "Yeah, and boring. It looks like J. Edgar Hoover picked it out." I then say, "Heyyy, I chose that out." Booth then says, "Look, it's something I'm working on, okay?" Temp asks, "In therapy?" "Look, Gordon-Gordon says that the, you know, the wild socks and the fancy ties are all just, you know, quiet rebellions helping me suppress other impulses." "Isn't that good?" "You'd think so, right? But, you know, apparently, all the other issues have to just rise to the top." Temp then looks at me, "Why are you wearing the same thing as Booth, Ven?"

" Temp then looks at me, "Why are you wearing the same thing as Booth, Ven?"

I look down at my outfit, "Well... Gordon told me that I should start dressing a bit more professionally so I could have more, 'stability and better structure' in my life. So I though, who dresses very professionally then me and bam I thought about Booth's new look right here. Plus, I thought I would cooler with my terminator glasses... Like men in black." Temp looks at me, "So, it was for therapy too?" I sigh and nod my head. She then asks Booth, "Why do you call your psychiatrist Gordon-Gordon?" "Because that's how he introduces himself, you know? 'Hi, I'm Gordon. Gordon Wyatt." Temp then puts on a bad accent, "Like James. James Bond." I chuckle as Booth corrects her, "Bond. James Bond. Not James. Ja- James- Whatever."

We walk into the home as we hear Cam call us over. "We're over here. And you both might want to tuck your pants into your socks. The flies get in everywhere." Booth groans and I sigh as we both put our foot onto the table revealing our matching socks as Cam says, "What, not only matching outfits but no cartoon characters on the socks?" I chuckle shacking my head as Booth says, "Never had cartoon characters on the socks. They were just- Um, never mind, okay? What do we got here?" "Three weeks decomp, give or take." "Ah, place was tossed, huh? "No forced entry. The victim is probably the man of the house: Terence Bancroft. His wife Clarissa identified the watch and weeding ring." I sigh knowing this part of the information as they are another major doners to the Jeffersonian.

Temp then says, "This isn't good for me." Cam nods, "Yeah, it's pretty gross." "No, not that. There's too much soft tissue for me to tell anything. I mean- In fact, why am I here at all?" I then add, "It was the Bancroft family. They asked for us specifically." Booth scoffs, "What, they got some kind of pull?" I shrug, "The Bancroft Wing at the Jeffersonian. 60 million bucks buy a lot of goodwill. Before you say anything Booth... I did the calculation and if the family pulls out of donations to the Jeffersonian, then less time you get to have us or any time with using us for your free will." Booth scoffs, "Typical."