Episode 1 "Pilot" Part 3

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-Venus POV-

We arrived at the Directors office. "You're certain it's Cleo Eller?" I nod as Temp spoke, "The profile's dead on: age, race, height." I then pointed out, "The timeline fits.  Cleo Eller did play tennis in college" "Talk to me about the Senator." It was Booth turn to speak, "Cleo Eller, the victim, worked for Senator Bethlehem. I piped in again "It was reported that they were involved sexually." "We couldn't confirm that." The director took the picture Booth handed, "Well, Bethlehem's a hound. Everybody knows that." Booth hands him another photo while speaking, "Ken Thompson, Cleo's boyfriend." "Thompson's still Bethlehem's aide. Thompson keeps Bethlehem's calendar. No way the Senator has an affair that Thompson doesn't know about. No sexual relationship, no motive. What about the nut case?" "Booth hands him another picture, "Oliver Laurier." "Do you like him for this?" "He's a stalker." "What's your first move?" I went and spoke up, "Excuse me sir, Booth. Would it be alright if we were to inform the Ellers that we found their daughter." The director scoffs "It's better to keep this quiet. It's been, what, two years? What's another few days?" Booth then cuts in, "All due respect, sir, I am with Venus here, I've come to know the family pretty well, especially the Major, and two years is a hell of a long time in limbo." I looked at the director again with a bit of sad eyes. "Booth is right sir, the Major already had seen his battles, the most we could do for him is tell them we found their daughter. They would appreciate knowing about this even if it will hurt." Temp then speaks up "We will have details of cause of death by this afternoon." Booth speaks up again, "That's where we'll get started."

We are in the car as I was sitting in the back and Temp is sitting in the front with Booth reading the examination report. "Hodgins identified the particulates embedded in Cleo Eller's skull as rolled steel -- most likely from a sledge-type hammer. Also, there's cement and diatomaceous earth." "What's that?" I extend my arm handing Booth a container. "Looks like that. Its made up of prehistoric sea creatures. It's used as an insecticide, filtering agent, cleaning abrasive, ceramics. It's very common. But it's a clue" "Yes, it is Blueberry, yes, it is."

We get to the Eller's house, and I start getting a little jumpy. Booth notice this "Hey Blueberry you alright there? You, don't need to go in with us, you could stay in the car and wait for us." "No, I am fine Ranger, just a little nerves. That's all, but I will be okay." "Okay, but if you feel like you are about to have an episode use the code word, okay. You remember the code word right." "Ya, I remember the code word Ranger, its bumblebee." "Alright, let's go in." Temp stops me for a bit and gives me a pat on the head with a smile causing me to calm down as well and smile a bit.

We are now talking with the Eller's as Major Eller speaks, "You're positive it's our Cleo?" I nod as Temp speaks, "We established 22 matching points of comparison ..." "Booth then intervenes "Yes, we're certain." Major asks "Did he do it? The Senator? One military man to another?" "Major Eller, we can't discuss the investigation in any way." Mrs. Ellar then speaks up, "Can you at least tell us if our daughter suffered?" Temp speaks, "Given the state of her skull ..." But I immediately cut in knowing what she was going to say, "Cleo never saw it coming." "Thank you." "Mrs. Eller, could you tell us what Cleo wore around her neck?" "Her father's Bronze Star. Ted won it in the first Gulf War, and he gave it to her for luck." I started feeling queeze and a bit short breath. "Hey, Booth bumblebee." I get up and quickly excusing myself as I walked out and into the trunk of Booths car climbing in and shutting it as I hugged myself crying a bit.

-Back inside the Eller's House-

The Major watched as Venus walked out and turned to Booth. "Is she alright? It looks like she has seen something." Brennan nods her head speaking, "She will be alright for now, she just needs some quite time by herself. She suffers from PTSD." Mrs. Eller gasps a little "Oh my, she seems too young to suffer from it. How old is she if I may ask?" Booth nods at this "She is young she is only 20, but she is still trying to get through life as she has been discharged two years ago." The major intervenes at this. "You're saying that she also served in the military." "Yes, sir. She was recruited at a very young age as a military experiment. She served five years in total. Three as a Navey SEALS DEVGRU and two in Delta Force." Major looked at Booth with disbelief and sorrow "She was only thirteen when she was recruited. No, child should've gone through what we did. She should've been with friends and hanging out with them, not going on missions dealing with criminals." "You are right sir, but she has been hanging in there pretty well. Thank you for both of your time we must get going. We are sorry for your loss." At this the couple both nodded at them as the wife started crying in her husband's shoulder.