Episode 15 "The Woman in Limbo" Part 3

-Venus POV-

Temp, Booth and I have arrived at a farm as Booth starts breaking things down. "All right, Bones. Venus. This guy McVicar, he might be a pig farmer now, but he used to be a mechanic, all right? With ties to the strong-arm crew that your parents ran away from." Temp then ask, "A mechanic, like Russ?" "Not like Russ." I nod, "Russ fixes things Temp. This person used to kill people." Booth nods as a man then turns around and asks, "Can I help you folks?" Booth then takes out a gun. "Yeah. Put your hands up. Do it." Brennan then says, "Booth!" I push Temp behind Booth as I go up to McVicar and check him for a gun as he asks, "What's going on?" I then start finding them, "He's got a .45. Let me check his ankle. a .38." Booth nods as he says, "I'm FBI. I know who you are." "Steve Beers, pig farmer." "Vince McVicar, the pig farmer, huh?" "You want to talk to Vince McVicar, you do it through the federal marshals." "I do it through the federal marshals, I'm gonna have to tell them about a pig farmer who carries two concealed weapons." I then pop up, "Three Ranger. .22 in the small of his back." I put it away on me as I take out my own gun and stand right next to Booth pointing it at McVicar. McVicar then ask, "What do you want?" Temp from behind me then says, "We are Ruth Keenan's daughter." "Are you Joy? Joy Keenan? Yeah... I can see that." He then points to me, "Then you must be the unnamed secret daughter."

We are now walking with McVicar inside his barn as Temp says, "We found your blood in the car." Booth adds, "You hurt lots of people, Vince. You bashed in their heads." "They never proved that, or I wouldn't be in Witness Protection." "We know how it works, Vince. You rat out your crew, everybody loses interest in a few old murders." Temp adds, "My mother was hit on the head." "Yeah, I know. I was there. 32 stitches." I asked, "She fought back, huh?" "Ruthie fought back, all right. But not against me." "Then against whom?" "Your father." Temp and I looked at him questionably as Booth asks, "Why'd he attack you?" He scoffs, "Think about it a second, all right?" I stay silent and still with no expression as Temp says, "You and our... our mother?" "Me and Ruthie run off together. Max caught us pulling into a motel outside of Champaign, Illinois. We were nuts about each other, Ruthie and me. Crazy in love." 

Booth then says, "Let's just skip that part, okay?" "Well, he hit Ruthie first." I then ask with a monotone voice, "With what?" "Tire iron. Hit my arm, caught me a roundhouse to the head. Lights out, baby. I came to. Ruthie and Max were gone. Never saw neither of them again. You ask me, Max killed Ruthie, and buried her somewhere and vanished. Our plan, once we set up- most likely in Florida- was to bring you both down. Your father is a hard man, Joy and you." I then speak up for Temp who was about to break down, "Our names are Brennan. She is Dr. Temperence Brennan, and I am Dr. Venus Brennan." He scoffs as I step up to him with the deadest eyes and stared at him in the eyes. I could feel him starting to get terrified a bit but hides it well enough for others not to notice, but I could see right through him. 

I scoff and walk back to Booth and Temp as Temp says, "We work at the Jeffersonian Institution. I'm a forensic anthropologist. Ven is the second head director of the institution. We... specialize in identif... ...in identifying... ... in identifying people when nobody knows who they are. Our father was a science teacher, and my mother was a bookkeeper. My brother..." I run up Temp and hug her as I start tearing up and Booth slowly makes his way to us and hugs us both as Temp continues, "We have a brother. I'm Dr. Temperance Brennan." Booth then says, "We know who you are. Hey, I know. It's all right. It's okay, we know."

We are now in our apartment with Russ telling him what we found out. He starts saying, "No way Dad hits Mom. No way." Temp then says, "If he caught them together..." "No way mom cheats on Dad. No way." I join in, "I agree with Russ Temp. When I looked at that man in the eyes, I could feel the fear he had as if was hiding something and was afraid to let it out threw his eyes." Booth then adds, "A man like McVicar he lies the way you guys take a drink of water. I am impressed Venus was able to see through him. He killed people and then he snitched to save his own ass." "You don't believe him?" "No. I don't believe him. And if Venus is saying he is hiding something, then he is." "Give me one piece of evidence that doesn't back up his story." "Your school sticker on the back of your parents' car was scraped off."