Episode 18 "The Blonde in the Game" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Booth, Temp and I are being escorted into forest which is a bit past a hiking trail as the officer informs us about the situation. "Hikers aren't supposed to let their dogs off the leash back here, but I'm pretty sure the dog was running free when they found the... what he found." Temp then asks, "What's the condition of the body?" "No idea. Can't get close enough to examine it." Booth then asks, "Why not?" "The dog's definitely not on his leash at this time." We hear the dog growling and sitting on a rock with a body part as the owner says, "Put down the bone." We all look at the dog as Booth says, "How the hell are we gonna get to the body?" I then say, "Not sure yet, but that's a cute dog..." Temp and Booth look at me with a weird face as I shrug, "What?... It is a cute dog." The officer then says, "You don't see that every day. Sent for Animal Control. Take another hour, though." 

We see the owner struggling to get his dog to drop the piece of body remain from a distance, "Drop it. Drop it now. I'm so sorry. He-he's never done anything like this." Booth then asks us, "Either of you ever have a dog, Bones, Blueberry?" Temp was first to speak, "I always wanted a pig." "A pig?" "Very smart and, despite the popular misconception, very clean." "I prefer my pig with a little mint, a little honey glaze..." He looks at us seeing that we aren't amused, "So, Blueberry, what about you?" "I want a dog so I could train them to help me out if I have an episode... Plus they're cute." "Ohh... what type of dog?" "A bullmastiff. I think they are very adorable and reliable dog." He nods as Temps says, "In some cultures, dogs can guard corpses, sometimes to the point of starvation, so... shoot it."

Booth and I look at her in shock, "What?! Temp don't say that!" "I'm not-not shooting him for just doing what comes naturally

Booth and I look at her in shock, "What?! Temp don't say that!" "I'm not-not shooting him for just doing what comes naturally. As far as he's concerned, you know, finders' keepers." "That dog is compromising the integrity of my remains, so wing it... him." I then say, "Sis there's another way." Booth nods, "Dog's love me." He starts going slowly to the dog as I quickly looked at him, "I was not going to say that, Ranger." We watch Booth try to do his thing, "Nice doggy. Good pooch. Ah! Nice dog. Good pooch." Booth gets closer but the dog barks at him and I try not to laugh about the situation. "Whoa! Hey, we're just gonna wait for Animal Control." 

Booth comes back to us as I pat his back and take out another bone that dogs loves as I say, "I'm next." Booth tries to stop me as I go up to the dog as it is growling. I bring out the bone and have it in front of the dog. I get the dogs attention, "Would you like this other bone? Then drop it." "Blueberry, I don't think that's going to work." I ignore Booth as I concentrate on the dog. I raise my voice a bit higher, "Drop it. Or you no bone. Drop right now!" The dog drops the bone and looks at me. "Good dog... now fetch." I throw the bone as the dog goes after it. Temp comes over to me as Booth says, "That really worked?!" I chuckle, "Of course Ranger, I am amazing like that."

Temp then says, "Okay, I need everybody to clear the area. Set up a perimeter." Booth nods and yells out, "Clear the area. Let's set up a perimeter." We go up to the remains and start examining it. "We should take it back to the lab, sis." She nods and we start taking any evidence that we need around the area.