Episode 2 "The Man in the SUV" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Temp, Angie, and I were waiting for Booth at a crime scene. We were looking around when I heard Temps and my nickname, I turn around seeing Booth. "Temp, look there's Booth." She looks over noticing him and we all three walked up to him." Where have you both been? You said you'd meet us on the corner" "There's a lot going on, in case you haven't noticed." We walked up to an officer as we were making our way inside. "These girls, they're with me, Dr. Temprence Brennan, Dr. Venus Brennan, and Angela Montenegro from the Jeffersonian." The officer tries to stop us from entering, "I need ID." "Check the RI-5 list, Homeland Security. They are their forensic anthropologist." "They're clear." "Thanks. Come on." Angela then speaks up, "God, what's that smell?" I answered, "Burnt flesh. Are there a lot of injuries?" "Four known dead, 15 injured." We step into the crime scene seeing the black and body parts all around as Angie speaks up. "Oh my God...". Temp then steps in, "Details. Whatever you have." "Not much. Witnesses said they saw a Middle Eastern man, mid-30s, pull up to the cafe, and the car just blew. The vehicle's registered to Hamid Masruk, head of the Arab-American Friendship League." "If you know who it is, why do you need us?" 

Then a man comes up speaking to us, "Because we're hoping we're wrong. Masruk is a White House consultant in Arab relations. Had lunch with the president just last week." Booth nods and adds in, "You both remember Agent Gibson, Homeland Security? Dr. Temprence Brennan, Dr. Venus Brennan and Angela Montenegro. If Masruk was involved in a terrorist attack, it means we have a huge national security problem." I froze when Booth mentioned a terrorist attack as Agent Gibson speaks in, "Not to mention a very humiliated president. The press is already running with this." Temp then speaks "If you think I'm going to alter my ..." he cuts her off, "Not at all. But maybe it's not Masruk. We need to be sure. Booth says you both are the best." 

"I need surgical gloves and masks for the retrieval team, sterile medical bags and vegetable oil." Booth looked confused, "Vegtable oil?" I speak up while looking away from the car, "The oil will loosen the seared body parts stuck to the metal. It's no different than steak on a grill that sticks." I chuckle a little at my own comment. "It's okay, you know, I trust you both." Zack comes up running handing us gloves and vegetable oil. "Should I photograph the scene?" I nod while looking on the ground, "Focus on a 30-meter radius from the blast." He then hands Temp a bag. Temp then says, "Okay to pick up?" Booth looks at all of us, "It's okay to be upset." I stay silent as Temp speaks, "I wish this is the worst thing I've seen." 

Angie then speaks up, "You know, uh... I don't think I can, uh..." I take the bag from her giving her a small smile, "It's okay Angie, go back to your office and cool down. We will take it from here." "Sorry" Angie then leaves in a bit of a rush. I turned around and start helping Temp as Booth speaks up, "Are you okay Blueberry, if you want you can go to." I shake my head giving a small smile, "I will be okay Ranger ... I... I got this." "Okay Blueberry. But don't push yourself to hard." "Okay. Zack, I need two more evidence bags."

I got back to the lab an hour earlier than everybody and went straight to my safe room and calmed myself down and prepared myself when the others came back from the crime scene. I walked out of my safe room and walked to the platform where everyone else was there about to start examining. Temp starts speaking up "Facial epidermis and the fingertips are completely decimated." I then cut in as I stand next to her, "We're not going to be able to ID anything from the flesh. It's basically carbon." Zack then speaks, "We're missing the lower left leg and the lumbar spine." I start taking particulates for Hodgins as he gets ready as Temp speaks, "Here's C2 and the right ischium." "If smokey here had access to the president, why would he attack a cafe?" "Smokey?" "It's how I deal with stress." 

Hodgins starts to intervene, "Targeting everyday places causes panic. People stay home. The economy is crippled -- it's Terrorism 101, man." I start shaking a little at Hodgins comment but kept my composure. "Hey, Hodgins I already started to take samples from the clothes, could you continue, and I could help and see if we can find -- traces of cologne, laundry detergent -- anything that we can link to Masruk's home." "Yeah sure, I'll grab any particulates that can identify type of bomb." Zack then cuts in, "Isn't that the FBI's job?" "You trust the FBI? You realize those guys are gonna suppress whatever they need to cover their asses." "Found a portion of the clavicle." "Are you listening?" "No." I pip in "I'm listening Hodgins." "Thank you, Venus. Anyway, they have a separate division, you know. That way their hands are always clean. In 1974 ...".