Episode 58 "The Double Death of the Dearly Departed" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We are driving over to a wake as Booth says, "This poor guy was only 50

We are driving over to a wake as Booth says, "This poor guy was only 50." I nod as Temp says, "They say cause of death was cardiac failure resulting from a congenital defect." "You're not gonna talk like that when we get there, right?" "Like what?" "You know, it's a wake, Bones; it's not a crime scene. You know, 'Hey I'm sorry for your loss.' 'How are you holding up?' Stuff like that." "I know, I just don't agree with the social convention which requires us to attend a daylong grieving ritual simply because the deceased worked at the Jeffersonian." "Try not to say 'the deceased." I sweat drop a bit as I look over at Booth, "Ranger, if I die I want you to plan my funeral... I don't think my dead body would appreciate in what she plans on doing to me once I'm gone." I then looked at Cam, "And please make they make my face look decent for showing." I then look at Hodgins, "Get a bull mastiff and name them after me." They all nod as Temp says, "It's not like any of us knew this Dr. Reilly personally." 

Hodgins spoke first, "I knew him. It was Hank. Hank was a prince." Cam adds, "I talked to him just last week about Michelle. How to get her to stop smoking." Booth and I ask, "She's smoking?" Booth adds, "She's smoking what?" "Cigarettes. I've been her legal guardian for a month,  and I'm already a total failure." Booth then says, "She's 16. She's just trying to test you, that's all." "Maybe we should just focus on Hank." Temp then says, "Whoa, I think I remember him. Curly blond hair, blue eyes, glasses..." I chuckle, "No wrong person Temp." Booth adds, "Nope, dark hair, balding." Temp looks at him surprised, "You don't even work at the Jeffersonian. How do you know him?" "The guy ran the best fantasy football league in DC." Hodgins adds, "Oh, man... Oh, man, I still owe him 20 bucks." Booth adds, "Come to think about it, you know what,  he owed me 20 bucks. Great, how am I gonna get that back?" I shrug, "You don't. But I've been over to Hanks home many times for dinner with his family."

We made it to the the residence of Hank as we meet up with Angie and Sweets as Temp says, "There are a lot of people here whom I recognize." Angie tells her, "Well, they're from work, honey." Hodgins then says, "There's Amy Valeska." I nod, "That's Hank's assistant." Cam adds, "Oh, she looks really upset." Sweets then says, "Grief can be very difficult to process, so if anyone needs to talk..." Booth interrupts him, "That's why they have booze, Sweets." "Right." I then look over at the mother, "Hank's mother over there is very rich." Angie adds, "Something to do with dry cleaning." I nod whispering, "She never seemed to fond of Hank every time I saw her though." Someone then comes over to us, "Director Brennan, I am honored that you made it." I nod shaking his hand, "I'm very sorry about Hank." He nods then looks at Temp, "Dr. Temperance Brennan?" Temp nods, "Yes. Hello." "Hank and your sister said that you worked at the museum, but I didn't think you'd be here. I-I'm Barney, Hank's brother." Booth whispers something to her as she says, "I'm sorry for your loss." "Yeah, I'm an author. A writer, like you. I mean, I write thrillers. I've read all of yours. So when I first meet your younger sister Director Brennan and how much good things she said about you. It really got me more inspired in writing my books." I chuckle a bit embarrassed as Temp nods.