Episode 32 "The Widow's Son in the Windshield" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We are at the lab as we watch another interviewer that would take Zacks spot at the Jeffersonian. The reason is because Zack had left to Iraq. We all miss him, but I need to find someone else that could work with Temp... and she isn't making it easy for me as she had declined many applicants that I provided for her. Another thing is that every applicant that takes our test thinks that I am one of Temps interns... But I think it is fun to full around with them as I instructed the team and crew to not reveal my identity to these new people as I just want to observe them for a bit. We are watching Eddison identify the bones as he says, "Male, mid-30s, attachment sites suggests he was well-muscled- probably due to manual labor rather than weight training." I nod as Cam asks, "Okay, what killed him?" "The sternal ribs are subluxated at both the spine and the sternum." 

I see Booth walk over to us as Temp says, "Indicating that he was crushed?" "Not crushed... pinned. Smothered, perhaps in an industrial accident?" Booth looks at him then me and says, "This is the guy that Bones is checking out to replace Zack?" I chuckle as Cam says, "Clark Edison, meet Special Agent Seeley Booth." "Hey, what's up? 'Bone that's funny- that's what all my friends called me back at college." They weren't laughing as I chuckle and say, "Don't worry about them... they like to intimidate for fun." Booth then says, "Yeah, I like him. You both got one minute?" I nod as I get down the seat as Eddison says, "Oh, are you going to a crime scene? Do you need me?" Temp looks at him, "I'll let you know." She and Booth leaves first as I say to him, "You are doing a great job. Also you got it right. It was a construction worker, foundation collapse." "But I'm not impressing her." I just smile as Cam says, "I'm still not completely certain what Dr. Brennan thinks of me." I chuckle, "I got to go, before Ranger comes back and scolds me... See you later."

We are at the crime scene as Temp asks Booth, "Why are we here?" "You used to like to come out into the field. You used to insist..." "No car fires, no tanker trucks full of acid, no explosion... Don't tell me you brought me out here for a simple car accident." "Now you're just so anxious to get back. I could barely get you to take off your lab coat." I look at the two a bit annoyed as they argued. Temp then says, "With Zack gone, I'm needed at the Jeffersonian." I know that she doesn't want to choose because she misses him. Booth then says, "That kid seemed pretty good with the subluxicated sternaculum... thing." I giggled as Temp just looks at him as he say, "You used to correct me." "Why are we here, Booth?" We bend down as we see the skull on the windshield as Temp says, "Whoa." "Mm-hmm." I go around and enter through the driver side as Temp takes the passanger side as we begin to examine the skull as Booth says, "So, it's been, what, three months since Zack shipped off to Iraq?" I nod as he asks, "How hard could it be to replace him?" I then say, "It's not that hard to replace him, but the idea of replacing him is hard."

Temp then starts speaking, "Male... Caucasian..." Booth then says, "I'm just saying, I mean, you in the lab, me in the field- we are not working at our full symbiotic potential." I chuckle and continue, "Late teens, early 20s. Completely devoid of flesh or odor." Booth then taps the windshield as we look at him. He then looks at Temp, "Seems like maybe you don't want to work with me anymore." I add, "I want to work with you still Ranger." "Yeah, I know you do Blueberry. I was referring to your sister." I nod, "This is your problem Temp." She looks at him, "I work with you." "You know what I mean, Bones." I then ask, "How did the skull get here?" "Ask our eyewitness. Come on." 

I chuckle as he looks eager and excited." He then brings over the boy as I get out of the car and walk over to the two with Temp there already. He looks at Temp and me as he says, "I'm not high." Temp then says, "Neither am I. Why is he telling us that?" I chuckle making the guy smile a bit as Booth says, "The car reeked of dope. So, tell them what happened." "I was driving behind a dump truck, and...  that came flying off the back." I nod as Temp asks, "Do you think the rest of the skeleton is still in the truck?" "No." I then ask, "Why?" "It didn't come flying out, it came flying off. It... It bounced." Booth then says, "Oh, bouncing skull."