Episode 8 "The Man in the Fallout Shelter" Part 1

-Venus POV-

It was 1 days before Christmas Eve already and Temp and I were in the lab as I was already on the platform watching Temp and Angela coming up. "Honey!" "Angela, I don't want to." "Honey, could you stop galloping for, like, two seconds? ""Better able to withstand peer pressure when you can't catch me." "Call it a favor, okay?" "How does us going to a company Christmas party doing you a favor?" "Do either of you remember what happened last year?" I shake my head no as Temp answered, "We didn't go last year." "Yeah, exactly. And it took me weeks to collect all those photocopies. I need you both. Friends don't let friends photocopy their butts at a company Christmas parties. Hey, there's a Secret Santa." I pipe in, "Sorry Angie, we don't like Secret Santa." Temp then continues, "The idea that we are forced by convention to exchange meaningless gifts." Angie nods, "Yeah, yeah, I know. If you rearrange 'Secret Santa' though, you get 'Secret Satan.'" I look at Angie weird as that did not help at all as Temp says, "What possible meaning could that have?" "I've already had an eggnog, if you can't tell. Now how am I going to enjoy this party knowing that my best friends in the whole world is in the lab, eyeball to eyeball with Skeletor." "Who?" I then pipe in "He's a cartoon villain who looks like a..." Angie cuts me off "You know, his name is self-explanatory. Would you both please just come to this party?" I then speak, "I do with whatever Temp does." Angie looks at Temp as she sighs, "20 minutes."

We then hear Booth calling out for us, "Bones, Blueberry. All right." Angie then speaks first "Merry Christmas, Seeley." "Ooh, wow. What are you, an elf?" "Yes. What's wrong with a little Christmas spirit?" I look at the brief case Booth put on the table as Temp asks, "What's the context?" "Federal property on Dupont Circle where Congress puts up visiting agricultural specialists or something like that, they're digging to put in a solarium, and they find a fallout shelter with a skeleton inside." I then ask, "How long was he in there?" "The shelter was built in the 50s, part of that whole A-bomb panic." I look at the pictures over Temps body and say, "It's not a suicide." "Why not? Hole in the head, you see the gun. It's a suicide." I look at Booth a bit weirdly, "He shoots himself in the head and somehow his arm ends up across his chest?" Temp nods and speaks, "Bring the skeleton in, we'll prove it wasn't a suicide." Booth then smiles a bit, "Merry Christmas, Bones, Blueberry." He then whistles "Come on, boys, bring it in." I smile as Angie then cuts in, "Oh, no, we're going to the company Christmas party." I then look at her, "You go ahead Angie, we'll do a cursory examination, and we'll meet you in a few minutes." The body comes up as Booth speaks, "All right. There you go." Temp then speaks, "Booth, will you escort Angela to the Christmas party and make sure she doesn't photocopy her butt?" "Oh, no, I can't do that. You see, I got some really last-minute important Christmas shopping that I got to do." Angie then goes over to him, "It's not last minute until tomorrow." "Come on, Bones, Blueberry." I was about to say something to Temp as she puts a hand over my mouth, to not convince her. I just sigh.

I help Temp uncover the bones and we examine it together. I find two plane tickets and hand it to Temp as Booth comes up to us. "What do you got there?" I answer "Two open tickets to Paris. One way. Pan Transit Airlines. They are blank." "Pan Transit went out of business in the 60s." Temp then asks, "I thought you were at the party." "It wasn't a party, it was a Star Wars convention." I then pipe in "I like Star Wars convention. Never been to one but I would like to." Temp just continues, "This was still in the skull." I add, ".22 caliber. It matches the gun he was holding." Booth nods and asks, "Did you open up the suitcase?" Temp answers, "Nope." "Why not?" "Could hold information that would compromise my objectivity." "Yeah, like a name and address?" "I prefer to make unbiased, initial observations." 

She looks up seeing Hodgins and Zack and yells at them "Is that pure alcohol?" Zack answers, "Yes, Dr. Brennan. You really think Goodman's going to let you spike the eggnog after the Fourth of July fiasco?" I chuckle and shake my head as Hodgins speaks, "We may have to rethink." Temp then continues, "Zack, I need you to clean these bones." "Now?" Hodgins laughs "Ha! Burned." Temp then speaks to Hodgins, "And I need you to search the clothing for insect evidence." Booth then pipes in "Jeez, Bones, Mery Christmas." We then hear Angie coming in, "Okay. You people listen to me. There is a party going on upstairs, okay? A Christmas party. We're going up there. We're going to talk to some people, we're going to sing some carols, we're going to drink some eggnog." She then points to Booth first, "You are going to kiss me under the mistletoe. On the lips." She then turns to the two upstairs, "I might kiss you guys under the mistletoe, too." Then she looks at Temp and I. "Maybe even both of you as well. In a festive, non-lesbian manner. But we are going to that party." I then pipe in "I am going to take the skull to Zack now." I quickly grab the skull and make it my way down to where Zack and Hodgins are.