Episode 36 "Intern in the Incinerator"

-Venus POV-

I get a call to come down to the incinerator room as two of my employees lead me down and show me the body. I told them to get out so they wouldn't breath the air anymore and thanked them for showing me. I quickly take my phone out and go through my contacts finding the right person. I let it ring for a few seconds as I then hear, "Hey Blueberry whatcha need." "Hey Ranger... I'm need some assistance two of my employees and I found a body..." "Where?" "At the Jeffersonian... I need your help Ranger." "All right I'll get there soon." "Thanks Ranger." "No, problem." I hang up, "That's one person down." I then press another number as I hear, "Hello." "Hey Cam. We have a problem in your side of the building. There is a body down at the incinerator room." "What?!" "Yeah, we bring Temp down here quickly." "All right, we'll be down there soon." "All right." 

I walk back upstairs where there were two guards standing, "Hey, Dr. Saroyan and Dr. Brennan will get here soon. Let them pass, also Agent Seeley Booth will be coming so keep an eye out. Other than that don't let anyone else in unless I authorize it." They nod as I go back down waiting for them to come. Five minutes later Cam and Temp came down as I say, "Thank goodness your both here. Nothing has been touched and this case needs to stay low, but needs to be solved quickly." Temp and Cam nods, "We'll try our best." I nod. I lead them to the body as I start explaining what I know so far, "The victim was burned at 400 degrees, bone chars in six hours, and turns to ash in eight." Cam and Temp looks with their flashlights as Cam says, "Charring, no ash. Six to eight hours?" I nod as she continues, "Dumped into the incinerator between 1:00 and 3:00 am." We then hear Booth from behind us, "Oh! Alive or dead before he or she went into the incinerator?" Cam then says, "Can't tell yet."

I turn around as I head over to Booth as Temp asks him, "What's that?" I answer, "Guest log. Did you find anything?" "He shakes his head, "No visitors checked out after 9:36 last night, no one checked in before 8:02 this morning." I sigh as I then concluded, "Meaning the victim probably works here and is one of my employees." Temp nods adding, "Meaning the killer does, too." I nod and sigh running my hand threw my hair as they watch me as I walked past them and sit on the stairs with my head down. Booth then says, "We will catch who did this Blueberry." "I know... but my employees are supposed to feel safe and protected especially with this high security that I emplaced the time that I have been here. Not only do we need to figure out who the victim is but I this could hurt the Jeffersonians reputation, and I need to inform the victim's family and deal with everything that comes with it." Temp comes over to me and bends down to my level and grabs my hands as I look at her as she says, "We will do whatever we can Ven. Together." Cam nods, "Yes, we are all going to help out. This was one of our comrades." I nod as I stand up, "All right I need to start looking threw all of the employees and go over with Angie to figure out who this person is.

I am with Angie as to help confirm the victim as we figured who it was I sighed sadly as Temp comes in. Angie was first to speak, "You won't like it." "Like what?" I then say, "We've ID'd the victim." "That's impossible." I shake my head as Angie says, "I told you wouldn't like it." "There are no tissue makers. You can't just look at a skull and see the person." "Honney, I've done hundreds of these reconstructions. The depressed glabella, the narrow nasal aperture, the chipped lateral incisor." "You can see a face from that?" "The chipped tooth was from a skiing accident... when she was 16." "Ange, you know the victim personally?" Angie sighs as I then say, "Kristin Reardon." I pop up an image of her as I continue, "She's an intern here at the Jeffersonian." Angie adds, "I had coffee with her a couple of times. She didn't want to be a scientist. She wanted to go into design. She was just here to make her father happy. She was young and eager and keen and... She was just really, really young." 

Temp then asks, "Wait. Reardon? As in Dr. Ted Readon?" I nod, "He used to work here." "I took a course from him in Ancient Pharmacology." Angie then says, "Look, I know that we can't say anything until you do the tissue markers and we go through channels, but I'm telling you, I know that this is Kristen." I then say, "I know. I trust your work and judgment Angie." Temp then says, "Poor Ted." Angie then adds, "You want to know something else? She was seeing somebody who worked here." Temp asks, "Is that relevant?" I nod, "Yes and we need to find out who. I heard rumors about something like that. Apparently it was with a married man." I looked at Angie, "Did she tell you who?" "No. Just that they had had their first kiss at the opening of that Egyptian exhibit, and that it had been hot and heavy ever since." I nod keeping that in the back of my mind to tell Booth later.