Episode 78 ''The Witch in the Wardrobe'' Part 1

Venus POV

We were called in because there was a body found and as usual Temp and Booth are having a conversation debating on random things as usual as we arrived at the crime scene and get out of the car as Temp says, "Order in successful societies depends upon enforced rules." Booth then says, "People can do the right thing left on their own." "No, history shows otherwise. A weak government will always spawn mutiny and rebellion." I nod a bit and look at Booth, "I kind of agree with her on that one Ranger." "You don't believe in human decency under any circumstances." I shake my head, "No, of course there are people like that Ranger... but the others that aren't... Well let's just say that doesn't end up good at all later on." Temp then says, "Not as a means of controlling a population, no. The result would be anarchy." I nod agreeing as well as the officer that is going to show us the scene says, "Have to say I agree with the pretty ladies on this one. Without the strong arm of the law, we're animals. Sheriff Gus Abrams. Thank you for comin' out here."

I nod, "Our pleasure. May I ask what caused the fire?" "Well, it could be arson. The fire boys say they didn't find any sign of an accelerant. The source of the flame looks like a lit candle." Temp asks, "Was someone killed?" "Well, that's why we asked for you people." He then leads us to a closet as we go around to the opening revealing a skeleton remains standing inside as Booth says, "Oh, ho. Whoa. Okay. Is that real, Bones, Blueberry?" Temp and I begin doing some examination as I nod, "Yes." The sheriff then says, "I was hoping no." Temp begins explaining, "The bones were already dry and de-fleshed prior to the fire." I add, "The victim was elderly, female." Temp then looks inside the mouth as she says surprised, "Oh." Booth asks, "Oh? Wait. You usually don't say 'Oh." "It was an indication of my surprise." I smile at that as Booth says, "Well, I know that." I then tell her, "He's just wondering why you are surprised, Temp." "The bones have been re-articulated." The sheriff asks, "Is that bad?" I then add, "The skeleton has ben reassembled quite amateurishly." Temp then points out, "See how the right ulna has been placed with the left radius?" I nod, "That's so messed up." Booth then says a bit sarcastically, "Yeah. That's shoddy. That's shoddy work."

Angie was taking pictures as she calls us, "Hey, guys." Booth then answers, "Yeah." "Hodgins noticed that there's a path all the way around the house." Hodgins adds, "And Angela noticed that it was a circle." We look around the burnt down house seeing the stone circle around the house as I say, "Looks like it acted as a firebreak." "Also dusted with some fine powder." We hear cawing as we look up at the tree branches seeing that those were crows as the sheriff noticed us looking at them as he says, "Those are crows. You city people may not be familiar." I look at him for a bit, "No, we have them as well over there. But crows are carrion birds, Sheriff. They scavenge for fresh kill." Temp begins walking towards the crow's direction as I follow as well as Booth says, "Uh-oh! When they start flopping their elbows like that, they're hot on the trail for something." Angie then says, "Well, I don't wanna think about what she's after."

We then made it to another part of the house where it may seem to be the living room as Temp and I begin looking around until Temp found something as she says, "Ven, Booth?" We go over to her as Booth says, "Yeah." We then see the skull of another body as Booth says, "Okay, hold on. Let me get this." Him and Hodgins begin moving planks and other things off until it revealed the whole body as something white was embedded onto the skeletal remains as they wore red heels. Angie was first to say, "Oh, God. Whoa." She looks at Hodgins knowing what he was going to say, "D-Don't say it." "Oh, I've got to. We aren't in Kansas anymore." We then see the shoes on the feet begin to curl upwards surprising the group as Booth says, "Whoa! Okay. I don't like it when dead things move. Did you see that? It was moving there." I nod bending down to take a better look at the cause as I say, "This is going to be a really entertaining case." Booth looks at me, "You know Blueberry, sometimes your definition of entertainment is a bit too dark and a little bit startling ya'know." I just give him my famous goofy smile as he just smiles back shaking his head.