Episode 12 "The Man with the Bone" Part 2

-Venus POV-

We are back at the lab as Temp looks at the remains we brought in, "I'm amazed you found a complete skeleton." I nod, "Isn't it amazing everything stayed together." Zack then speaks, "C-14 dating matches at 300 years." I nod and continue, "Subject is male, early 20s, approximately five feet... six inches." Zack adds, "Legs are bowed, result of visible calcium and phosphate deficiency." Temp then speaks, "He had rickets as a child, but his upper body is extraordinarily well-developed." I nod as Zack continued, "Epiphyseal separation in the long bones. Sunken sternum forms scorbutic rosary at costochondral margin." I nod, "He suffered from scurvy as well as tertiary syphilis." Booth then asked, "What's with the 'tertiary'? Isn't plain old syphilis bad enough?" I smiled as Zack pointed out, "Scurvy, syphilis. Pirate." I jump in place as Hodgins speaks, "There is anthropological evidence which supports the claim that Blackbeard executed his burial crews after they were done digging." I look at Temp as she smiles, "Okay. Let's say it's a pirate." We all celebrated as I add, "This would be an extraordinary find." Booth then adds, "And would open up the reality of the treasure."

I chuckle as Temp speaks, "It would be stupid to dismiss anything at this point. But we need to discover why the ossein isn't fully decomposed from being waterlogged for so long." I nod as Hodgins pitches in, "About 50 feet down the shaft is a layer of blue putty consisting of silicon and clay." I then add in, "It can be used to form a watertight seal. Which would explain the condition of the bones." Hodgins cuts in, "I took samples of the same blue clay between 200 and 207 feet. Something is buried down there." Temp adds in, "And these bones were lying on top of it." Booth then speaks, "Macy was killed because of something that he found." Hodgins says, "Silt in his throat and lungs confirms he was killed at the top of the shaft." Zack adds in, "After he swam back up with the treasure." We all start smiling as Boss walks in, "Special Agent Booth. I hate to interrupt your investigation, Agent Booth, but there's an angry billionaire in my office, and he won't go away." I looked at Boss, "If it was like that Boss you should've sent him to my office. I would be glad to handle that situation for you." "Well then shall we all go together." Temp quickly adds, "I will join as well." I nod and Booth, Boss, Temp, and I left towards Bosses office.

We are sitting in Boss office listening to Rose complaints, "It's simple. You have something that belongs to me, and I'm not leaving here without it." Booth then speaks first, "A day ago, you couldn't wait to leave. Pull out of the island cut your losses. You remember that?" "A lot can change in a day." "Yeah. For Ted Macy, a lot changed." "Look, I'm sorry about Ted, but I'll be damned if the federal government swoops in here at the 11th hour and steals what I've been trying to find for two years." I then pipe in, "And I fail to see what this has to do with the Jeffersonian." "Those bones belong to me. They were uncovered at my site. I was granted a permit to dig there and keep what was found. My attorneys assure me, you have no clain to those bones." Booth chuckles, "Sure, I mean, your attorney wants to go to court for the next 20 years and buy himself a nice vacation home in Tuscany, but the fact is, when Ted Macy was murdered, your property became our evidence." 

I nod while adding, "And unfortunately it will stay that way until we find the killer." Rose laughs a bit, "I was hoping to settle this amicably." Booth adds, "Really? Because, you know, we haven't seen that yet." Boss sighs, "This is going to be a headache. He has some very important friends." I look over at Boss, "You don't need to worry about that, if he does try to pull those cards, I also have some cards that could easily go against his." Boss nods feeling more relaxed and eased about the situation as Temp then asks, "I don't understand why he's so upset. It's not like he needs the money." It looked like Booth thought of something as he snapped his fingers and turned towards us, "But he has partners that do. Macy and Hardewicke were going to split what they found." I nod as Temp adds, "But Macy is dead." I looked at her, "Exactly sis, leaving Hardewicke with a bigger piece of the money." Booth nods, "That's exactly right Blueberry." I did a small salute to him as he turns around, "Well then lets go." I stand and shake my head. "I can't go with you on this one. I have to make some preparations if Rose does choose to fight against us. Plus, todays the systems check that I do every two weeks, making sure everything is running smoothly." Temp then speaks, "I am going to look over with the bones again." Booth nods and leaves to talk with Hardewicke.