Episode 14 "The Soldier on the Grave" Part 3

-Venus POV-

Temp and I are on the platform with Hodgins as he yells out, "Got Something. A splinter pattern." I stay focused on the screen then the body as I look closely at it and say, "Particle's of wood were blown back into one of the exit wounds from the AK-47." Temp looks as well saying, "The missing bullets." Zack then add, "But he wasn't leaning against wood when he was shot. He was in the middle of the room." Hodgins then brings up pictures of the scene, "No, he was on the floor." I was look at the reports not looking at the pictures as Temp says, "Someone stood over him and squeezed off some rounds from an AK-47 after he was already dead." Zack adds, "The missing round passed through him and into the wood floor." 

Angie then speaks, "Yeah, but all the insurgents had already been killed. And they were the only ones with the AK-47s." Hodgins then adds, "I hate to say 'conspiracy,' but, my peeps, we've got a conspiracy." I sighed deeply not liking how this is coming out, "Someone wanted to cover up the friendly fire incident by making it look like he was killed by the insurgents. Angie, enhance all the pictures of the aftermath so we can see body positions, bullet holes, damage to the house. I would like to reconstruct what happened that night. I need to do something, so please call me when your finish." "All right Sweetie." "Thank you." I leave and head to my safe haven room and I lay on the bed and did some deep breathings to calm myself."

I called Booth and he tells me that he will be in the lab in a few minutes. So I waited for him by the front of the laboratory as I looked at the floor. I then hear someone walking towards me and I look up seeing Booth has arrived and I give him a small warm smile, "Hey Ranger. Nice to see you again." My smile then drops a bit as I continued talking, "Ranger, we found some stuff that I think that you wont like at all. I had Angie enhance all of the pictures so we could get a better look at." "So that's where we are headed." Yup, lets get going before we miss anything else." He nods and we start heading towards to Angie's office.

We walked inside Angie's office and we see both her and Temp already looking at the pictures. Booth gets their attention saying, "Found anything yet?" Temp nods, "Yeah. None of these people were armed when Kent went in there. All of the weapons were planted on them after they died?" I then speak, "So, Fuller's unit killed an unarmed family." Temp nods as she continues, "They look like a family." Angie adds, "About to sit down to dinner." I look at Booth, "Were there any other questionable operations with this unit?" Booth shakes his head, "None. They served another six months without incident." Angie then asks, "How could something like this have happened?" 

Booth then answers, "Women could have heard them. She was on her way to the back door. Kent probably thought the spoon was a weapon." Temp asks, "A spoon?!" I then answer, "It's dark. It happens Temp. He's inexperienced. He's scared out of his mind. You only have an instant to make a choice." Booth nods, "Yes and Kent probably thought he was being attacked, so he burst through the door." Temp adds, "From the spray pattern, he was shooting as he entered. He must have killed the woman first, the others as they rushed to the woman to help." Booth continues, "He probably thought they were attacking, too. Lefferts hears all the firing he goes in. Kent turns, weapon still pointed. Lefferts shoots, killing Kent." I sigh adding, "It all happens in seconds." Angie then asks, "But if Kent turned to face him..." I shake my head, "It doesn't matter, after all the shooting, all Lefferts sees is a weapon pointed right at him. He just reacted."  Angie then says, "God." I nod as she continues, "So this was more than a friendly fire incident." I nod as Booth says, "Hell of a lot more." I look up at Booth seeing him in thought as I say, "Let me go with you." He looks down at me for a few seconds thinking if he should let me go or not. So to convince him I say, "I will be there just in case anything gets out of hands." He sighs, "All right. let's go." I nod and wave Temp and Angie good bye as they looked a bit worried on what's about to happen when we get there.