Episode 79 ''The Boy with the Answer'' Part 1

Venus POV

I've been staying up a lot lately as I had a lot of work to do and before I leave to my mission. I haven't told anyone that I'm going yet, nor do I plan to tell them the main reasons why I am going. But that could wait for a bit as today is the day that we go to trial for the grave digger as I am working in my room while Wendell was asleep as I hear some sort of grunting and moaning sound in the apartment. I put everything away and go open my door walking to hear it coming from Temps room as it sounds like she was in distress as I quickly open her door as I see her groaning and moving around as she says, "Hodgins.... Booth.... Venus..." I realize that she was having a bad dream as I go to her bed crawling in as I gently shake her and call her name to get her to wake up, "Temp... Temp... Tempie, wake up." She quickly sits up gasping and panting as I say, "Are you okay?" I have my hand on her shoulder as she grabs mine nodding a bit, "Yes... I'll be fine. It just seems I had an unpleasant dream." I sigh nodding a bit, "That's understandable, todays the trial. Even I haven't been able to get any sleep on it recently."

She hums a bit as I hug her giving her comfort as she accepts it closing her eyes as I then hear someone by the door as I look up seeing it was Wendell who seemed to wonder where I went. Once he sees where I am, he gives me a small smile as I give him one back. He closes the door leaving us be going back to bed. Day light hits as we begin getting ready for the day as we wouldn't be going back to sleep as we listen to the news as the reporter says, "The Grave Digger case finally begins today... with an evidentiary hearing. The defendant, prominent federal prosecutor Heather Taffet, will be defending herself against multiple charges of kidnapping and murder. One charge involves 10-7ear-old Terrence Gilroy, who has never been found. Testimony is expected from four kidnapping victims- Seeley Booth, an agent with the F.B.I., as well as scientists Jack Hodgins, Temperance Brennan and Venus Brennan... of the Jefferso-" 

But Temp turns off the tv as I look at her a bit seeing her uneasy as I say, "I'm always with you if you ever need it Temp." She gives me a small smile, "Thanks. You too." I nod as well. Wendell then finishes breakfast for us as he then says, "I'm here to if you two need anything as well." We give him a smile as I say, "Thank you, Bub." Temp also says, "Thank you Mr. Bray. But I'm sure we will be fine." He nods serving us our breakfast as I go over to the cabinet getting out Jupiter's food out to feed him. As we were eating Wendell says, "I'm going to be a bit late to the trial." I nod, "I understand, you are doing some of my chores, so don't worry about not being there Bub." I could see that he felt a bit bad for not being there with me at the beginning as I add to ease him, "Plus Ranger is going to be there with us along with the rest of the team." He gives me a small smile nodding.

We were at the courthouse with Booth as he asks, "You okay, Bones, Venus?" I nod a bit as Temp says, "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" "Well, we're about to come head-to-head with the woman who tried to kill us three." I nod a bit as Temp says, "So are you. Are you okay?" "Sure. Yeah. You know, I'm just checkin' in. Just wanna make sure you're okay, and if you need anything, I'm-" "It's just another case, Booth." "Right." I then stop surprised as Temp stops as well wondering why I stopped as I say, "Dad?" Temp looks surprised, "Dad!" "Hi." Booth then says, "Max." We go up to him as Temp asks, "What are you doing here?" "I just thought you two should have a little support... from somebody who's been through the legal system a few times." I asked confused, "People do that?" Temp then says, "Why is everyone treating us like a child?" "Because I don't want you two to get your hopes up. This is far from a slam dunk." Booth tells him, "That's exactly why Caroline is here, right? We have five cases, multiple counts- Bones, Blueberry, Hodgins, the 10-year-old boy." "Whose body was never found. Your prosecutor's getting desperate." "Max, they know what they're doing."

Temp then says, "I thought you were here for support, Dad." They start walking away as I then say, "I'll see you inside." He nods as I follow the other two." We all take our seats as the trial begins as we see the grave digger coming out as she looks over at our direction with a bit of a smirk. The judge then says, "Okay, we all ready to play nice?" Caroline then says, "Always, Your Honor." Taffet then says, "Your Honor, since I'm representing myself, I'd like to request that my shackles be removed while I'm in court." Caroline then says, "This is only an evidentiary hearing, Your Honor. There's no jury to prejudice. And frankly, I feel a bit more secure with her in chains." The judge then says, "Spare us the dramatic flourishes, Ms. Julian. When we got to trial, we can revisit the request Ms. Taffet, First witness." Cam was put first on the stand as she explains, "Burn marks were found on the victims... that were consistent with injuries one would sustain from a three-million-volt stun gun." Booth was next as he explains, "Stun gun was found in the suspect's storage locker. It matches the stun gun that was used in the attack on me, as well as the other victims."