Episode 57 "Mayhem on a Cross" Part 2

-Venus POV-

The ambulances had arrived and taken Murderbreath to their vehicle. I was just standing by looking at my hands that was covered in blood reminiscing the past where there was so much blood pouring down. A never ending flow seeping through your hands that you just can't stop no matter how hard you wanted it to stop. The shallow breaths of those around you coming into a slow silence only leaving the sound of your breath all alone in the dark closed off room. While I was deep into my thoughts I didn't notice I was starting to hold onto myself closely slowly breathing rapidly, while staring at my legs that also had blood from getting onto my knee's on the puddle of blood that had formed.

But I suddenly feel a strong but firm and warm body engulfing me. It shocked me, but I didn't sense any sort of harm or danger from this person as I allow them to hug me. I moved myself closer to their body as I closed my eyes taking deep breaths before I could go into full panic. I breath in their scent, which had a clean yet soft masculinity that made me feel safe and protected. Something that I haven't felt in such a long time had made my breathing slow down. After a minute or two I had fully gotten a hold of myself as I moved away from the person. I look up seeing that it was Wendel who had a worry look on his face. I gave him a soft smile as he then asks me, "Are you okay?" I just nod, "Yeah... I'm okay now. Thank you." He nods as he finally looked at me fully realizing that I was covered in blood, "Did you get hurt anywhere?!" I shake my head, "No, this is the suspects blood. He cut his throat as a stunt, but instead he really hurt himself."

He nods as Temp who had finished talking to some of the agents on what had happened came over to me noticing Wendell as she asks, "Mr. Bray? What are you doing here?" "Oh, hello Dr. Brennan. I came here with Venus, but waited in the car as you did your investigation." She nods as she then looks at me, "How are you doing Ven? I know these type of things gets you worked up most of the time." Venus smiles at her, "I'm okay, thanks for asking though." Temp nods then says, "We need to go down to the FBI Headquarters. Apparently Murderhead only damaged the outer layer tissue so no major vitals were damaged, so we are going to interrogate him." I nod as I looked over at Wendell, "That means we won't be having dinner, but getting breakfast later on or would you like to have that dinner another day?" "I could wait. We could get some after you finish with the interrogation." I nod as I look at myself again seeing the blood again. I take a deep breath, "I need to wash this blood off first." Temp looks around and gets an idea, "Come over here. You won't have time to go back home and take a shower, since Booth want's us to quickly interrogate Murderhead."

I chuckle imagining an impatient Booth as I follow Temp. Temp goes over to one of the forensic agents and asks them for a clean towel as they hand her one as we walk over to a hose that was connected to the building. I then ask, "You think water would come out of there Temp?" She shrugs, "I'm not sure, but we could try. Just take off your shoes and get ride of your jacket. It's covered in blood and there's no use in saving it." I nod as I take off my shoes and socks putting it to the side as I take off my jacket as Wendell takes it. He then sees my gun strapped behind my back as he says stunned, "You were carrying a gun behind your back?!" "Huh?... Yeah, it was the only place that I could carry out of sight." I then detached the harness that held my gun handing it to Wendell. I then looked at Temp, "All right. I'm ready sis." She nods and turns on the faucet seeing water coming out of the hose as she started to spray my legs. I jumped a bit from the coldness but kept still as we watch the blood come off. Once it was fully removed I put my hands on front of me as she pours the water onto them as I wash it off as quickly as I can. Once done Temp hands me the towel as I dry off. I put back on my shoes as Wendell throws away my jacket and hands me my gun. "Well meet you at the precinct Temp." She nods as we headed of to our cars.

As Wendell and I were walking towards his car I was getting many looks as I did my best to ignore them. But Wendell also seemed to notice the stares as he takes off his jacket and puts it on me. I gave him a questioning look as he then says, "It's cold outside and I just thought that you would be cold as well without your jacket on." I give him a small smile, "Thanks. I was getting cold." I put on the jacket more properly as his jacket was big on me especially the sleeves as I chuckle at myself as he looks at me smiling. We arrived at the precinct around 5:00am. I made sure to zip up the sweater and we go up to the interrogation room. I see Temp and Sweets waiting for me as I jog up to them and look at Sweets who has already changed as I ask, "When did you get time to change?" "Oh, I brought extra clothes so once I got here, I quickly changed." I nod as I looked at Wendel, "You could watch in the other room if you want." He nods, "Sure. I wish you guys luck." We nod as we enter the room as Temp hands me an earpiece. I nod knowing that Booth is going to be watching us. We sit down in front of Murderbreath who was still wearing his bloody shirt with a bandage around his throat.