Episode 60 "The Critic in the Cabernet" Part 2

Venus POV

Later that day I went back to the lab as I decided to take a break as I walked around town as I spot a clothing store as I see baby clothes. I look at it for a moment then smile entering the store. An hour later I walk out with a bunch of baby things as I walk back to the lab carrying a bunch of bags which almost blocks my view. I see Angie and Cam inside Cam's office as I decided to see what they were doing as I enter hearing, "Oh, that kid is gonna be so cute, though." Cam nods, "Please, we're gonna go nuts." "I bought it a little onesy today. Imagine Venus. I bet she would by a whole store. Cam nods, "She has crazy baby fever whenever she sees them." I then say, "I thinks it's too late for that..." They turn looking at me with a bunch of bags as I gave them a small smile as Cam asks, "You bought the whole store..." "No, but I still couldn't stop myself and bought one of everything..." Angie says, "You have a massive baby fever problem." I nod, "I think so as well" We then see Hodgins comes in, "I got the results back on the inorganic goo." He looks up seeing me and the bags, "Shopping spree?" The three of us answer, "Baby fever." He nods handing Cam the file saying, "Contains calcium arsenates" We all walk up to the screen as he shows us as Cam asks, "Arsenic?" "Yeah, it was on his clothes and mixed in with the tissue." Angie asks, "So, he was poisoned?" I nod, "But this wasn't a high enough concentration to kill him." Hodgins then says, "Booth said Holt's wife worked with wood building playsets. Arsenic is used in stains and wood preservatives. It's tough to wash off."

Cam then says, "So Jenny Holt found out her husband was cheating on her, stabbed him, and left us a chemical fingerprint." I then say, "I'll tell Ranger... but could I have some help with these bags?" Hodgins and Angie grab some bags helping me as I smile, "Thanks. We'll put them in Temps office." They nod as we walk out. After putting the bags away, we went to the bone examination room with Temp and Fisher there as we examine the bones as Hodgins looks at the screen as he says, "All of the injuries to the ribs and sternum had silica embedded in them which matched all of the glass shards found in the wine cask and on Holt's clothes." Temp nods, "Yes, these injuries to the ribs and sternum- can you connect the impact points?" Angie asks, "Why, you think Holt's wife was making a design when she was attacking him?" We gather around the screen as she says, "There are three main impact points. What if they were a circular pattern?" "Okay, well, a circumference..." She shows us a model of the circle on the ribs as she says, "the circle is nine and a half inches." "What is the circumference of a wine bottle?" Hodgins says, "My guess, nine and a half inches." I smile, "I see where you're going with this Temp. Nice." Angie says, "Yeah, let's see." She shows a simulation of a broken bottle stabbing the victim of the perfect circumference as she nods, "Yep, nine and a half inches." I look at Hodgins, "We need to get some Bedford Creek wine. And see if the bottle was sufficient to cause these injuries and hemorrhagic staining at the coronal suture."

Temp and Angie first leave as it was Fisher, Hodgins, and I walking behind them as Fisher says to us, "You know, a watermelon is the same density as the human head." I nod, "Yes it is." Hodgins adds, "Oh, I like the way you think, Fisher." The boys went out to get the bottles as I get the melons. We meet back at the lab and set everything up and prepared ourselves as Hodgins says, "Hmm, it's confirmed by the modeling. Yep, the shards of glass found in the cask have the same thatch design as the base of the Bedford Creek bottles." I nod, "So, we know the bottle was from Bedford Creek." Fisher adds, "Then we don't have to do the experiment." We look at the melons as Hodgins says, "We have all the melons already, you know, and the bottles..." I add, "Confirmation would be beneficial." Fisher adds, "We'd be remiss if we didn't confirm." I nod, "I agree." We looked at each other and put on our eye protection glasses as Hodgins gets to hit the melon first with the wine bottle as he says, "Sorry, Mr. Holt." He then smashes the melon breaking it in half as the bottle doesn't break." I then say, "That bottle was supposed to break." Hodgins nods, "Yeah, otherwise, the injuries make no sense. You're sure a melon has the same density as a human head?" Fisher says, "Would I waste our time? Give me that." He then slams the bottle on the melon breaking the melon and not the bottle as he then says, "I enjoyed that too much, didn't I?" Hodgin then says, "It's important to love your work. Maybe she hit him with the narrow end." I then grab the bottle, "Let me try." Hodgins shakes his head, "No let me." He grabs it smashing the melon with the cork side. But it still doesn't break as Fisher says, "She was a carpenter. More strength." I then say, "Then shouldn't I try?" Fisher shakes his head, "No, no. I'll do it?"