Episode 69 "The Goop on the Girl" Part 2

Venus POV

It is late out as Temp, Booth, and I are at the bar as they have some drinks as I got water as Booth says, "So I have decided to take you up on your offer." Temp and I ask, "What offer?" "Uh, Bones invited me to your house for Christmas dinner. You forgot you invited me." I nod, "Oh, nice." Temp then says, "No. It's just- No. Our dad brought by our second cousin, and I really didn't like her." I then say, "I don't know how to feel about it... I just felt a bit awkward to be honest, despite underestimating me because of my age. But I get that a lot so it's fine." Booth nods, "Well, that makes sense." Temp and I looked at him as she asks, "Why do you say that?" "Because she's family. Ninety percent of the time, family just gets under your skin. That's the difference between family and friends." I think for a moment and nod understanding, "All right. I get it." Temp says, "Well, she- she's unapologetically dogmatic. She lives her entire life based on the quotations of Benjamin Franklin." I nod as Booth says, "Maybe she feels the same way about you and your mania for logic." "Mania?" I then say, "He means enthusiasm sis." Booth nods, "Yeah, enthusiasm. Look, if you ditch this opportunity because a family member annoys you. You just- It's just goes with the family territory."

I then say, "Wise words Ranger, wise words." I drink my water as Temp says, "Mmm. Well, that's true. You and Jared can barely be in the same room together." "Well, he's a whole other kettle of fish, I'll tell you that. He's not just annoying." I chuckle as he gets a call answering it, "Booth. Uh, okay. Um' somebody saw Angela's sketch on the Tv, says it looks like her son. Name of Holden Chevaleer. Great. Thanks." He hangs up, "Get this. Our bomber was an exterminator." I nod, "That makes sense. Exterminators use orange oil, and the bomb contained naphtha. Exterminators use naphtha to kill bed bugs." I nod, "Well we will get right to work in the morning." They nod as we pay and leave for the night. Next morning Hodgins and I are on the platform waiting on Daisy as we got the fragments from the hospital as she was checking them. Hodgins goes over to her looking over her shoulder as Daisy says, "It's very difficult to work when someone is looking over your shoulder." "It's even more difficult to work when you have nothing to work on. Snap it up."

I just shake my head smiling at the two, "Don't listen to much to him Daisy, he's sometimes like that. Just take your time and make sure you identify it correctly." Hodgins just sighs as Daisy smiles nodding as she checks the next fragment as she gets a closer look, "This is it. The missing manubrium. Three parallel burns, about two millimeters apart." I go over to her, "Let me see." She hands me the magnifying glass as I take a look as I then say, "We got our initiator. The bomb maker used the base of a small lightbulb. Battery on one end, explosive on the other. Hodgins run this through the EXIS database." Hodgins nods about to leave as Daisy says, "Oh, one more thing. I found this in Santa's 12th rib." She hands him the piece as Hodgins turns to her sighing, "I'm never gonna make my flight." She then says, "I recommend celebrating in March." "Thank you, Ebenezer." He leaves as I just chuckle, "Like I said don't worry about him. But I need to go and meet up with Temp and my cousin." She nods as I leave back home.

I arrived home just as the other two got there. We entered as the took a seat in the living room as I go to the kitchen grabbing us some drinks while Temp explains about her plans of staying. I go to the living room setting down the drinks as Margrate says, "You're not going to El Salvador for Christmas?" Temp nods, "Mm-hmm." "You don't strike me as someone who's flexible about their schedule." "Well, I took advice from someone who knows more about families than I do." "He that raises a large family... does stand a broader mark for sorrow; but then stands a broader mark-" We then hear knocking on the door as she finishes, "for pleasure as well." I stand up again to get the door as I say, "Well, that's sort of what he said, but without the pleasure part." I open the door seeing that it was Booth as I say, "Ranger." "Yeah." He enters as he explains, "So, the explosive unit... checked out Holden Chevaleer's garage- there was nothing. And this guy's name doesn't even pop up in the system." I nod, "That's interesting, but-" He cuts me off continuing, "Which just confirms that we have to find his accomplice." He then looks at the tree, "Nice tree." He finally turns around seeing Temp and our cousin as she waves at him as he says, "Oh, wow. Who is this, your sister?" Temp then says, "I am her sister, but she's our second cousin." "I'm Margaret." Temp adds, "There's no resemblance."