Episode 21 "Aliens in a Spaceship" Part 3

-No One POV-

Booth is in his office distress as Vega comes in his office, "There's no negotiating with the Grace Digger." "You've been through this, what, five times with this guy?" "Exactly. So I know him. And he does not negotiate." "What? What? No chat room action with him?" "Are you nuts? I hate the son of a bitch." "Why? He's made you rich." "You know what? You just need to deal with the facts. If you can't put the ransom together in time he gave you, your partners are dead." Booth gets mad and grabs him by the shoulders and drops him to the table holding his neck. "Here's the deal, all right? You have a relationship with this guy- what you call symbiotic- you benefit from each other. So know this, huh? That deadline comes around, and my partners is still underground, I will end you, you understand?" "Yeah?" Booth lets him go as Vega gasps for air. as Booth says, "Three hours to live... Better hurry." Vega leaves quickly as Booth sighs and sits on his desk.

-Venus POV-

I am helping Temp with the wiring as Hodgin says, "This thing you found in my leg is anodized plastic film and coated metallic tape with dried-out adhesive. I think it's a bumper sticker." Temp asks, "You mean like, 'If you can read this, you're too close'?" "No. Like a prepaid toll road pass. Someone ran me down with a car." I chuckle, "We already know that Hodgin." "Yeah, but now we've proved it, and I find I'm really annoyed." I shake my head as I look over the phone that has been wired, "Four to six seconds to enter message and hit speed dial." 

I then says, "I figured out a text message using eight key strikes. Zack would be able to figure it out." I look at Hodgins, "How's your text messaging?" "Thumbs like lightning. I can do it." "Alright. Here you go." I hand it to him as I explain what to put as Temp gets ready, I then asks them both, "Are you both ready?" They nod as I say, "Okay start honking now Temp." She does it and Hodgin types and send right as the phone bursts. Temp then asks, "Did it go?" Hodgin then says, "I think it went." I nod, "Me, too."

-No One POV- 

Booth is still in his office as he gets a text from his phone, and he checks seeing it was from Brennan's phone. He quickly gets up and heads to the lab. He gets there and goes to the platform where the rest of the team is and sets the message up. He then asks, "Does it mean anything to anybody?" Cam suggests, "They're getting low on oxygen." Zack adds, "Hypoxia leads to mental confusion." "It's Bones. This means something." Angela asks, "Did you try just dialing the number?" "I tried all the dumb guy normal stuff. okay? That's why I'm here talking to the brain trust, all right?" He then hits the screen, "Think, eggheads! Work it! Come on find your Boss and coworkers!" 

Cam then says, "Booth, they're not cops. Plus, I am here, not with them." "No, not you you're boss Venus. Look, we're running out of time." Zack then says, "Minor correction. Dr. Brennan, Venus and Hodgins will run out of air in four seconds... We are out of time." They all look at the time in devastation.

-Venus POV-

We cut open a hole that leads to the trunk as we all gasp for a bit more oxygen. I am in the back set with the other two as Hodgin asks, "How much extra time?" I answer, "A little. Four other tires, but we can't get to them." Temp then asks, "Is there anything else?" Hodgin then says, "If the ransom was paid, we'd be out by now. Why prolong the inevitable?" Temp then says, "Booth will find us." "You have a lot of faith in Booth." "No. Faith is an irrational belief in something that is logically impossible. Over time, we seen what Booth can do. It's not faith." I chuckle, "Temp sorry but that's faith. Don't worry I also have faith in him. We should stop talking to conserve air." Hodgins then looks at me, "I need the camera batteries and the preservative powder from your kit." I ask, "Soda ash and lithium?... You're going to make a carbon dioxide scrubber?" "If you can perform surgery out of thin air, then I can pull a little thin air out of thin air." We all chuckle as I say, "You are brilliant Hodgins, count me in."