Episode 52 "Fire in the Ice" Part 2

-Venus POV-

Temp, Booth, Payton, and I are in the ice rink as we walked on it as I say, "Hodgins and I confirmed that the traces of rink water in the victim's esophagus came from this rink." Booth then asks, "Well, how did rink ice get into his throat?" Temp answers, "He was beaten, then a sharp instrument was thrust into his eye. There should be blood stains." Temp takes out her small flashlight trying to look for the bloodstain as Payton asks, "You're going to scan the ice with one little wand?" Temp nods as I chuckle as she then says, "I'll call in an FBI forensic team. We'll have the whole place searched." Booth then looks at something then to us, "No need. All you need is black light, right?" I nod, "Yes." "Right? I got a great idea, just stay here." He slips a bit but catches himself, "It's very slippery, don't move." We don't as he leaves for a few seconds as the lights turn off as Booth says, "Ready?" Blue light is lighted up all over the ice as Booth asks coming back to us, "How's that, huh?" I nod, "Very pretty." Temp says, "Nice." Payton nods, "Wow."

Booth asks, "Gonna work?" Payton then says, "Well, I see some, uh, flecks of blood." I then say, "No we're looking for something bigger than these small specs and spots." "Uh, the victim was stabbed in the eye. We're looking for a pretty significant puddle." Booth then speaks, "Right, two guys get into a beef, then they put their street clothes on and then come back here on the ice to duke it out? No." Temp then finds something as she calls us over, "Booth, Ven?" "Yeah?" We see a blood pool stain as Payton says, "Oh! My God." Temp then says, "This is going to turn out to be where Pete Carlson was murdered.

It took the whole night for the forensic to collect all of the ice water as it is all brought to the Jeffersonian as Cam comes up, "This is all the ice from the crime scene, including the scrapings from the Zamboni." I nod as Hodgins says, "We should be able to get enough DNA out of this to confirm the blood is Carlson's. Hodgins then takes out something from one of the containers "Human tooth." Cam then says, "It's hockey. That Zamboni probably had a hundred teeth in there." Hodgins then pulls something else out, "Looks like we found where the Tooth Fairy winters." I chuckle, "I will take these to Wendell, when you take all of the teeth out from there." He nods and starts fishing out stuff.

I was passing Wendell the teeth's as he check's them with the skull as Hodgins comes in, "Did you find a match yet?" Wendell answers, "Just started." "Cam says it's definitely the victim's blood." "I still haven't found a murder weapon." I sigh as well, "Yeah, and we still haven't identified the nylon polymer Hodgins found on the victim's shirt." Angie then comes in, "So, I've looked at, like, a thousand photos of those blood patterns at the rink. And tons from the apartment." Hodgins then ask , "Why, what are you looking for?" Angie pops up some images, "Here's a blood pattern at the rink. The body was dragged in that direction." We nod as Wendell says, "Yeah, the body was dragged that way, but what are those drops over there?" Angie asks, "What drops?" "Those drops right there." I then say, "They parallel the dragging body. And they aren't smeared." Angie nods, "These parallel drops aren't from the victim. They're from whoever dragged him across the ice."

Hodgins then says, "We'll that means we have to check for more than just Pete's DNA." I nod as Angie says, "Too bad we can't question the fish." She pops an image of the dead fishes as I then say, "Something about seeing them bother's me..." Wendell then asks, "What killed those fish?" Angie answers, "Not eating for three weeks." It then hits me as I then say, "If that happened, they would eat each other..." We all looked at each other shock as Hodgins says, "Grab your coat. We're going on a field trip." I jump excitedly as I look at Angie, "Could you tell Cam to check the rink samples to find out if there was a second source of DNA. Thanks." I grab both boys by their arms pulling them away as Angie says from the distance, "I'm not really a big fan of this..." But we had left before she could finish.

We made it to the apartment as I open the door as Wendell asks us, "This is legal right?" Hodgins answers, "Absolutely." "Okay." We go over to the fish tank as he looked at the dead fishes as Hodgins says, "None of them looked nibbled on. Oh, man, they should've gone at each other like a Peruvian soccer team stranded in the Andes." I nod as Wendell then says with the camera ready, "Then they all died at the same time." I get the bag ready as Hodgins scoops out the fish as Wendell then asks, "I don't see what this is going to tell us." I answer, "How they died..." "No, no, I mean about the case." I chuckle as Hodgins then says, "Ooh, if Brennan were here, she'd smack your face." I nod, "You're lucky to bring the younger Brennan with you, I let those slide. Temps philosophy is, we find out the facts about everything, then see how it fits together." I close the bag smiling, "Photo opportunity." He nods taking a picture as I blush a bit, "I meant just the fishes in the bag..." "Ooh... Yeah, definitely." He gets one of the bag as Hodgins just laughs. I then get a call as I pick it up, "Hello... Hello Ranger, how you doing? What do you need me to get done for you?... Huh? Really?... I would love to help out! I always wanted to try once... I know... I will go to you first and I will wear everything that you will equip me. All right see you soon then." I end the call as the two looked at me as Hodgins asks, "What are you going to do?" I smile, "Something fun. We should leave so I could meet up with Ranger." They nod as we start walking out of the door as Wendell asks, "Who is Ranger?" Hodgins answers, "That's the name she call's Booth." I nod.