Episode 26 "The Man in the Mansion" Part 2

-Venus POV-

We are back at the lab as we go up the platform as Temp asks, "Hodgins, what is the significance of the muskrat fur?" We were behind Hodgins as Booth says, "Yeah, Hodgins, what is the significance of the muskrat fur?" Hodgin answers, "Muskrat have an under layer of fur. The outer layer is coarse hair. This-this is muskrat hair." Temp then says, "Fur, Hair." She chuckles. "I doubt our victim's jugular was cut by a muskrat." Cam sees that I am not looking very pleased as she asks, "Is there something going on?" Booth looks at Hodgins, "You wanna tell 'em?" Hodgin says, "Muskrat hair was colored with a new dye... that's just been patented by a menswear company in Canada." Temp then says, "So the murder was dressed in one of these jackets?" We look at the list of jackets as Booth spots something and says, "Wait a second. That one." Cam selects it as Temp says, "The leather bomber with muskrat liner." "That's the one Robert Frazier was wearing. The director of the youth Drop-in center." "Then we have our murderer."

Temp then says, "Good job, Hodgins." I sigh as Booth says, "No not good job, Hodgins. He might have blown the whole case." Hodgins then says, "I told them it is not a problem." Temp asks, "What happened?" Booth then says, "I don't care what he does on his time off. When he screws with evidence to get in the pants of an old girlfriend... on one of my murder cases, that's a problem." Booth leaves as everyone but me are looking at Hodgins as I then say, "We need to discuss about Hodgin Cam." She nods, "Yes..." We walk away from the group far enough that they won't hear us as they look at us as we discuss what we are going to do.

We decided that we are going to discuss with Caroline to find a way so Hodgins doesn't lose his job and the evidence wont be thrown away at trial. So we are in the FBI headquarters with Hodgins Booth and Temp as Caroline says, "I already got no proof how the victim got hold of that heroin. Now you're saying I can't put Hodgins on the stand? Why?" Booth says, "You don't want to know the answer." Temp asks, "Why doesn't she?" Caroline then says, "As the prosecutor in this case, I'm obliged to share everything I know with the defense." Hodgin then says, "Just because Clarissa Bancroft and I-" She cuts him off, "Whoa, whoa. Good night." She leaves as Booth says, "Did you not hear what she just said?"

I pipe in, "There are some things she can't know." Hodgin then says, "Clarissa and I were engaged. She and Terry started something up, and it unfolded the way those things do. I haven't contacted or heard from either of them in eight years. Then Terry got killed-" Booth cuts in, "And like every other rich guy in the world, you decided that rules just didn't apply to you." "Hey, they guy used to be my friend, all right? And Clarissa-" I then say, "You tampered with evidence." "The glass and frame were evidence. The photograph I removed was not. I wanted to work Terry's murder." Cam then says, "Obviously, you're off the case." Booth then adds, "Should be off the job." Temp then says, "That is not your decision, Booth." Hodgin then looks at us, "I apologize. I will deal with this however you see fit." We all look at each other and sigh.

We were all at the trial as Caroline presents the case, "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my good friend Mr. Barron is gonna give you a long speech... about what reasonable doubt is. He's mostly gonna be right. But facts are facts, ladies and gentelmen, and the fact is, Mr. Robert Frazier killed... Mr. Terrance Bancroft... for a few pounds of heroin." It was then the attorney Mr. Barron turn to speak, "They've got anthropologists and psychiatrists... and particulate experts and blood experts. The whole weight of the Jeffersonian Institution- all interpreting the facts for you and I stress the word 'interpret,' because you as the jury, are the arbiters of common sense... That gets lost in all the science." In another intense we watch Caroline speak, "Would you describe how the victim was killed?" We watch as Cam speaks, "Mr. Bancroft died when a sharp instrument was thrust into his jugular." Zack was next to speak when on stand, "This is a dried fleck of India ink left in the victim's trachea. It matches the ink on a scrimshawed letter opener the F.B.I. found at the scene."