Episode 11 "Two Bodies in the Lab" Part 2

-Venus POV-

Booth really emphasized on how we were supposed to stay in his eyes view. He took us to the interrogation room where we meet David, Temps date. He watches us walk in and sees Temp, "Temperance." "David." "Someone shot at you and your sister?" She chuckles a bit, "Yeah." Booth and I look between the two, I was amused but Booth was a bit annoyed. "Oh, my God." "I know." "What can I do?" Booth then decides to cut in. "Excuse me, I'm Special Agent Seeley Booth. I'll be asking the questions. You want to sit down?" I pipe in, "I'm the sister Dr. Venus Brennan... just in case you forgot to ask." "Sure. I mean, I didn't see anything. When I got to the restaurant, I saw all the cops, but I had... that it had to..." Booth continues to talk as I sit down and watch Temp look at David. "You're an investment banker, a good-looking guy, but you find your women online?" "Excuse me?" "Can't you find any women at work?" "Well, she was online, too, and she's a great-looking doctor. Your picture doesn't do you justice, by the way." "Why, thank you."

I snicker seeing that Temp isn't taking this to seriously as she continues, "Yours either. I... The resolution must not be very good online." I watch as she sits next to David as Booth speaks up, "Bones." "Oh, he's a Luddite." "Hey." "That's someone who's afraid of technology." "I know what a Luddite is. So, you're saying that you were stuck in traffic." "What? You think I shot at them? I'm a fund-raiser for the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence. Do you think I tried to kill you or your sister?" "He has to do this." "Yeah. I have to do this. So what time did you leave work?" "About 6:45" "Any witnesses?" "Yeah, yeah. My assistant- Margaret Jenson. The client that I was with. The valet that saw me pull out of the parking garage. I mean, unless they're all suspects, too." "We'll be talking to everyone." "Well, did you check the traffic report? It was a mess." Temp speaks, "He did." "Well... well... Do I have to get an attorney?" "Just stay close, in case we need you for anything else." "Yeah, sure. I mean, anything I can do to help." 

"So this whole, you know, online thing- how long does it last? Because, if it's just a way, you know, hook up, I got to tell you, I think it's pretty low." "You know, one of my partners met his wife online." I speak, "Your kidding." "No, no. They've been married for five years." I nod as Booth adds looking at Temp, "Doesn't mean he's not creepy." "Okay, I'm sorry. Did I... Did I miss something? Cause I don't want to get in the way of anything between you two." I face away from them trying not to laugh at the situation as Booth and Temp denies it. David speaks again as Booth flicks me in the forehead. "Well, then, maybe we could reschedule dinner." Booth then says no as Temp says yes. "Great." I could see the different tensions in the room and I cough a bit, "I think someone needs this room. Shall we go out now." Booth nods, "Yes, your right. Let's go." "Uh... Yeah. Sure. I'll e-mail you. Stay safe." I speak, "As long she is with me, she will stay safe." Temp then asks us, "He's nice, don't you think?" I nod a bit as Booth says, "Nice. He's nice. As a suspect. What...? Hello." I chuckle as Booth blocks her view and she tries to peak over.

Temp and I are in her office eating as Angie walks in, "Hey. The victim is Penny Hamilton, 19. She was a student at American who disappeared walking back to her dorm. She was about to go to Haiti to work at a medical clinic." I look at the picture a bit sad as Temp speaks, "Booth is going to think this is his fault." "He knew her?" "The killer's done this before. Booth couldn't get the evidence he needed. The guy promised Booth they never would." "Where is Booth, anyway? Thought he wasn't going to let either of you out of his sight." I answered, "We gave him the positive I.D. on Cugini. He's calling it in to Kenton." She nods and looks back at Temp, "So, how do you like David? It's not often you can interrogate a guy on a first date." "I like him." I add, "She had googly eyes on him the whole time." Angie chuckles as Temp continues giving me a weird face for a second, "Booth still doesn't approve. But I told him to mind his own business." I sigh as Angie speaks, "Hey. Booth is a big, strong, hot guy who wants to save both your lives. I mean, you actually have a knight in shining FBI standard issue body armor. So, cut him some slack." I nod, "She is right Temp. Ranger cares for us."