Episode 29 "The Killer in the Concrete" Part 2

-Venus POV-

I wake up groaning and looking at my surroundings. I remembered what happened as I look down seeing that I am on a bed and wrapped in a rug with tape secured to make sure I don't move. I sigh as I look next to me seeing Booth also in the same situation as me. We are laying down next to each other as I hear Booth groan indicating that he was waking up, "What...?" I see him looking at the situation and me as I gave him a small smile. We then booth look down again seeing Kennedy sitting there as Booth asks, "What you hit us with, huh? Only reason I ask is my tooth, it doesn't hurt anymore." 

I chuckle, "That's good to hear. Now you don't need to go to the dentist." He nods as he says again, "You know you're the first guy that got the drop on me in ten years." I look at him knowing that wasn't true, but I decided not to embarrass him in this situation right now. Kenney then says, "I used to get that a lot. But your lady friend there put up a good fight." I look at him, "I try my best. Could we ask you a question?" "As long as you answer one for me, then." I nod as Booth asks, "Listen, what, what happened to you three years ago, huh? What's your story?" "Billy Ray got in the back of my cab. Don't know which one of us was a bigger surprised, but it must have been Billy Ray 'cause he's the one ended up dead." 

I nod as I ask, "Alright then, what is your question?" "How you people find him under all that cement?" I then say, "Concrete, not cement. Cement is an ingredient for making concrete. But to answer that question it was a dog." "Dog, huh." "Yup." Booth then asks, "So why are we not dead?" "I never killed nobody for fun. It was my job. And I'm retired." I nod, "I understand that." He then says, "Now, listen, I know you fellas get in trouble if you lose your gun." He disarms our guns and takes the casing as he says, "I'm taking the bullets, though, if you don't mind." "That's fine I could always get a new one."  

Booth then says, "Woah! Well, what about us?" "Settle down." I look as Kennedy stuffs cloth in Booth's mouth as he muffles his yell. I sigh as Kennedy gets another cloth for me as I sigh, "There is no point in fighting... just don't be so rough." I open my mouth as he the cloth in my mouth. He then pats Booth's cheek and says, "Someone will find you both. You have a good day now." Booth is trying to protest but it was muffled as I said a muffled bye. He leaves as Booth starts squirming a lot. I try to get him to stop as he turns, but that causes him to push me and roll off the bed face planting to the ground. It was a thump as I groan. I think this caused Booth to stop as he was on his side which he could see me on the ground as he muffles out sorry.

-No Ones POV-

Temperence was in the Royal Dinner drinking a coffee. You could see that she was visible sad. Then Max comes into the dinner wanting to meet at least one of his daughters there. He knew that Brennan was there as he goes over to her and says, "I just want to talk about your mother." Brennan wasn't in the mood as she puts down her coffee and says, "Booth is missing..." She was struggling to say the same thing for Venus, so instead she says, "It's been over 18 hours." Max asks, "He tried to take down Hugh Kennedy by himself?" 

Brennen laughs, "He's only got one leg and he's old." "Yeah, you know how he got old? By being fast and paranoid. He cut off his own leg." "They're tough." Max was confused on why she said they, but asks, "What does the FBI say?" "Nothing." "Yeah, 'need to know,' right?" "Mm-hmm. I want to do something, but I don't... I don't know what. Ven would know what to do... she's good at that." "Are you asking?" "You'd help find the man who's going to put you in jail?" "Well, Booth will... will do the best he can, I'll do the best I can, and we'll see how it works out when we get there. Where did he find Kennedy?" "Baltimore." "Let's get your sister then and head off." Brennan looks away from him even more sad than before as he asks, "What happened? Where is Venus?" She starts getting teary and looks at him, "She was with Booth... she's also been missing for 18 hours with him." Max looked at his daughter sad and determined to find his youngest daughter in whatever means he has to do.