Episode 82 ''The Couple in the Cave'' Part 1

Venus POV

It's been a week since I came back and I'm still healing, but I am glad I don't need a crutch anymore to walk around. I still have to wear braces, apply medication, and change out my bandages every few hours. Wendell has also been determined to stay with me and help me out with my healing process and anything that I need since I got back. I get up from bed checking the time seeing that I have to leave for work in a few hours as I slowly take my shirt off and removing the old bandages to put new ones. I didn't notice that I accidently woke up Wendell who sits up a bit looking at some of the many healing scars that are on my back from the torture that I'd endure when captured for four months. I begin putting my medication ointment on the front part of my body until I hear the bed shuffling behind me making me turn a bit around until I feel hands softly placed onto my shoulder and my back. It was Wendell as he slowly leans over my shoulder placing a soft and gentle kiss onto my lips while I kiss back.

We separate as I then say going back to applying the ointment, "Morning, I didn't mean to wake you up." He moves over a bit to sit more properly on the bed behind me, "I'm actually glad you woke me up, I get to see you before you head out to the lab." I chuckle a bit as he takes the ointment from my hand and helps me get my back as I ask, "What time do you go for your part time?" "Around 10, why have something in mind before you leave?" He gives me a teasing smile as I shake my head a bit with a smile, "No, I was just curious when you had to leave." I then slowly stand up holding my breath a bit at the small pain. I then take a bandages and start to wrap it around my body as I feel Wendell taking it helping me as I sigh a bit in relief, "Thank you bub." He gives me a kiss on the forehead with a small smile, "Always... You know you'll still look beautiful even with scars on you." 

I give him a smile, "Thanks, but I won't be left with any scars, only the original ones you've seen, and I'll be completely healed in a few weeks." He nods remembering, "Right. Even still you have to be easy on yourself and don't do to much to strain yourself, and you need to make sure to change these bandages every 6 hours. If you can't do it yourself, call me or ask Dr. Brennan or Ange to help you change them." I smile even more chuckling a bit, "Of course Dr. Bray." He smiles, "When you've completely healed this doctor will give you more than a lollipop for doing such great work." I blush as he smirks a bit and kisses me with some passion as we separate telling me, "Or maybe I'll be having the nice treat." 

I blush even more as I then go around him to finish changing telling him, "I have to go, before you say anything more." He chuckles a bit liking how he gets me all flustered as he then tells me, "You're very cute when you fluster up like that doll. How did I end up lucky with someone amazing like you." I stop still with a blush as I turn to him with a smile as well, "You're really the amazing one for waiting for me when you didn't have to. I don't know how I ended up with someone amazing like you as well Bubs." He smiles with a small blush as I go out of my room ready as I enter the kitchen as I start making breakfast for the us and Temp as she was also getting ready to leave with me.

Booth, Temp and I were in the woods following a park Ranger as Temp asks Booth, "So, have you talked to Hanna since you two got back?" Booth nods, "Oh, yeah. Couple times. She said she's waiting for her new assignment, probably Southern Iraq. Oh, and she said to tell you Blueberry that she's glad that your back safe and hopes you a great recovery." I smile a bit, "That's nice of her, tell her thanks when you talk to her again." He nods as Temp then says, "I find it anomalous that you would leave her since you believe so emphatically in the mythic powers of love." The Park Ranger asks Booth and I, "Do you understand what she's saying?" I nod, "Yes." While Booth says, "Just nod." 

Temp continues, "Well, I'm just saying that you wanted to fall in love, and you did in Afghanistan." The Park Ranger asks, "You were in Afghanistan?" Booth nods as he points to both him and I, "Yeah, we just got back." The Park Ranger looks at me, "Oh, that explains a lot as someone lovely as you having braces on your arm and leg there." I blush a bit never getting used to other compliments, "Oh... Thank you." I was stationed as staff sergeant in Kandahar. Served with my brother in '04." Booth then says, "I'm a... well, I was a Ranger." I add, "Was a part of Delta Force." He looks at us both amazed, "Oh, you guys were awesome. Yeah. My brother didn't make it back."