Episode 64 "A Night at the Bone Museum" Part 2

Venus POV

I get a call from Cam saying that they sent someone from the Egyptian National Museum suddenly to take back Anok. I quickly went over to the Lab as Cam comes down the platform form the group and a woman standing there as she tells me that Ms. Jabbari has commanded my people to stop their investigation as they had not authorized any invasive or investigative procedures on Anok and wants him back today and threatened them with starting a feud government between the two governments. I wasn't pleased at all as I look up at the platform with Ms. Jabbari who was standing their impatiently as the team looks at me wondering what I was going to do. I just put on a smile covering my anger as I go up the platform. I could tell the team could see through the smile as they all avoided my stare as I tell them, "You all go take a break right now until we figure this out." They quickly nod as Daisy was standing, they're not understanding the atmosphere as Hodgins grabs her collar pulling her away with the two. I go up to the woman as I say, "You must be Ms. Jabbari." She turns to me as I take my hand out to shake hers as she does as she says, "Yes, that is me." I then say, " I'm Dr. Venus Brennan Director of the Jeffersonian. I'm sorry that I couldn't be the first one to great you, but it's kind of difficult to do so when we didn't receive any sort of notice that you will be arriving. Why don't we discuss about this situation about the mummy in a different room." She shakes her head, "No, that's all right. I just want to take Anok and leave as soon as possible." I chuckle a bit amused, "Ms. Jabbari you must reconsider. It's only polite if you take my offer and I won't be giving you Anok right away. You must understand that this is only percussion since you did come her unannounced. We simply can't just take your word that your apart of the Egyptian National Museum."

She just looks at my as I just kept my smile, but my eyes tell her a different thing saying that I am not insisting but more like demanding and angry. I could see the small fright that she has of me as she nods, "Very well... I understand the precaution that you must before releasing Anok over back to us." I nod as I look at Temp, "Why don't you lead us to your office so we could discuss this matter." Temp nods as we all walk into her office as Ms. Jabbari hands me a file of paperwork showing her identity and proof of retrieving Anok. Ms. Jabbari then says once we were inside Temps office, "Anok is a national treasure on loan to your country. According to our agreement, we can revoke the permit at any time." Temp then says, "I understand your government's concern, but he's safe in our Medico-Legal Lab. The low humidity and temperature in the lab are optimum conditions." But she was cut off, "Dr. Brennan, with all due respect, you have no legal grounds to keep him." I finish reading the file as I hand it to Cam having her read over it as well to make sure that I didn't overlook anything as I say, "I am afraid that we do Ms. Jabbari. Anok is evidence in a investigation. Whoever killed Dr. Kaswell stole something from inside the mummy. Now please enlightened please enlightened me and tell us if you have any idea what was inside that was worth killing for? And don't give me any lie's, I can tell if someone is lying. So don't test my patients that I have with you anymore after you come here without giving us prior notice, interrupting my people's investigation of finding the culprit that killed one of our own who was giving your government all of her research and findings for you. And on top of that threatening them in order to get what you want, when I am not even there. You could see how generous I have been with you up till now." I kept my smile going the whole way with dull cold eyes that could frighten about anyone who looks at me.

And just as she does she get's the message as her eyes divert to the ground as she then asks, "Have you examined the CAT scans?" Temp, Cam and I looked at each other not knowing about this as I ask, "And what CAT scans do you speak of?" "A few days ago, I granted Dr. Kaswell's request... to preform CAT scans on Anok. The films should be in Dr. Kaswell's files." I looked at Temp as she says, "Dr. Kaswell's lab was searched. The files are missing." "Then ask the young man who worked for Dr. Kaswell. He sent the request." I nod as I have Temp go and interview the assistant with Booth. I look at Ms. Jabbari, "Now, let's get along for now and work together so we could both get what we want as soon as possible don't you agree?" She nods agreeing as I smile, "Great. Cam could you handle things from here?" Cam smiles and nods, "Of course, right this way Ms. Jabbari." They both leave as I decide to continue to work. Later that day Ven went back home to see Temp getting ready as I say, "Where are you going Temp?" "Oh, I am having dinner with Andrew remember?" I nod, "Oh, right. Well, you look very." She smiles, "Thank you." "No problem. If you need me, I will be in my room." She nods as I go inside my room changing into something more comfortable as I the hear my phone rings as I answer, "Venus." It was Booth, "Hey Venus, I heard from Hank that he and Bones are going out to dinner do you think you could..." I chuckle, "Don't worry Ranger. I got you covered; I'll text you if anything is wrong." "Thanks." I hang up as I smile getting an idea as I dial a number and wait until they answer as I then hear them say, "Hello." I smile, "Hey there Bub, I was wondering if you got anything to do tonight?" "What do you have in mind?" "A night of undercover perhaps." "Ah, is this for another case?" "Nope, it's to keep an eye on Temp and her date tonight." I hear him chuckle a bit, "I see, so well be spying on your sister again just like the first time we meet?" I chuckle as well, "I still prefer calling it undercover, but think of it more like having dinner with me." "Are you asking me out to dinner?" "It seems so. So what do you say, go out with me to an undercover dinner?" "I will gladly take you up on that Doll. I'll be there in 20 minutes." "All right, make sure to disguises yourself." "Got it, see you later Doll." "See you soon Bub."