Episode 34 "The Secret in the Soil" Part 2

-Venus POV-

The next day we went over to the composting site with Hodgins as the manager speaks with us, "We've got five people on staff full time. But there's 43 farmers with keys to the gates. You all right?" We look at Booth who wasn't looking to good as he says, "Yeah- oh, just the smell." "We've probably got a couple masks in the office, you three want me to go..." Temp pipes in, "We're fine. Agent Booth tends to be squeamish." Booth then says, "Look, I'm fine, okay? So you were saying 43 farmers?" The manager nods, "They're welcome to dump their own waste, otherwise we schedule a pickup with our truck when it's running." Booth nods, "Wow, that's ripe." Two people comes over and says hi to the manager, "Hey, Gavin." "Oh, Tim Peck, Clay Ainsley, couple of our local farmers. This is Agent Booth, Dr. Brennan, and Dr. Venus. They're here about Frank."

We then see a young man jogging over to us, "Truck stopped running again, Gavin. I think it needs a new fuel filter." "I just replaced it two weeks ago." Mr. Ainsley then says, "Yeah, when I switched to bio-diesel, I went through at least four fuel filters. It's conversion, loosens up the deposits." Booth points to the young man, "You work here?" "Yes, sir. Charlie Rogan." "Did you know Frank Curtis?" "Very well. I only had just heard what happened to him. I dated his daughter all through high school. Gavin introduced us. If there's anything I can do... Mr. Curtis was a great man." Mr. Ainsley scoffs as Booth asks him, "Oh, you disagree?" "Frank Curtis was in it for the money, not the cause." 

Mr. Peck adds, "Then why did he donated his entire estate to environmental groups? We're talking millions. Even our corp could see some." "You ever been to his house? 4,000 square feet, brand-new everything. Left his air conditioner on all the time. Yeah, fat lot that man cared about the environment." "Don't mind him. The smell out here always puts him in a foul mood." Booth then says, "Look, I'm going to need names and addresses of every employee-" He then groans still continuing, "And a list of participating farmers." Temp adds, "And the facility has to be closed until all of the compost is searched." "We can get a warrant if you want." Galvin nods, "I do." We nod and looked at each other.

We are back in Sweets office as he says to us, "Three independent people often find themselves... Agent Booth, are you listening?" We look at him as he quickly closes off his phone, "What?" Temp then says, "The judge will call when the warrant is issued, Booth, pay attention." I nod as he says, "What, I'm in the middle of an investigation. I get distracted." "So, it's not our investigation, too?" "It's too early in the morning for this." I just looked between them as Sweets says, "No, no, no, this is good, let's talk about conflict. When you guys argue, how do you come to a resolution?" Temp then says, "We don't argue." 

I was drinking water as I gave her a really look as Sweets continues, "Come on, remember, zone of truth, right here." Booth then says, "Fine. We might bicker a little bit, but that's not arguing." Temp asks, "Bicker? I don't bicker." "No? What about the whole environmentalism thing?" "That was a discussion." I add, "I was the one to tell the facts about it..." Booth then says, "Well, Bones, pretty much told me my penis was going to shrink if I didn't eat organic food." I scrunch my nose a bit as Temp says, "That's not bickering, that's being a good friend." "Sis, that is kind of bickering right there..." Booth then says, "My penis is just fine, thank you." I shake my head, "Too much information, thank you." 

Sweets then says, "Now we're getting somewhere. All right, I think we're in that truth zone." We looked at him as Booth says, "Stop with the whole truth zone thing. Alright, Bones, Blueberry, and I are trying to catch a guy who cooked a tree hugger. So just score the personality test so we can get back to crime fighting." "Yeah, that's good, Agent Booth. Now let the anger lead you to the fear. You can't be whole, you can't do your job to its fullest, unless you get in touch with that fear you feel. Now Dr. Brennan, Venus, and I are going to close our eyes."