Episode 48 "The Skull in the Sculpture" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We have a new case as we were looking at a crushed-up car with a body inside as Hodgins says, "Looks like someone with a crooked nose was trying to get rid of our friend here." Temp then says, "There's no way to know that the killer had a crooked nose." I chuckle at Temp as Daisy asks, "You mean, the mob? It was a mob hit." Cam then speaks, "He clearly wasn't wearing a seat belt." I nod adding, "Yeah, he looks a bit jammed in there." I look at them all giving me a look as I gave them my famous smile trying not to laugh at my own joke as Daisy does laugh. Hodgins then says, "We're going to need the Jaws of Life to pry this guy out of here." Temp quickly looks at him, "No. That could compromise the remains." I nod agreeing even though it sound nice just open everything up as Daisy then says, "It seems that any viable examination pre-extraction is impossible, unless somebody has X-ray vision." She laughs as it her turn to get the look as Cam bends down towards Temp and I saying, "I meant to warn you two that Ms. Wick came up in the rotation." I nod, "That's nice."

Daisy then says, "This time you'll be glad I'm here, Dr. Brennan, I promise. I will be just as good as your assistant Venus." I question, "Assistant?" Before I could say something, else Daisy looks inside the crushed car, "The height of the nasal root points to a Caucasian. The large brow ridges suggest a male." I nod as Temp says, "We need cause of death." "Of the Caucasian male? What can be seen of the temporal, zygomatic and frontal bones indicate that they're in multiple fragments, possibly from the crushing of the car." I nod as Cam speaks, "We have access to blood and fluids. I'll run a tox screen." 

I then add, "Ranger is checking the records at the junkyard to see who brought in the car and when it was processed. Hodgins you will use an endoscope to retrieve any particulates without disturbing the remains." He nods as Temp gets a call, "Brennan." She walks off for a moment as Daisy comes up to me poking my shoulder as I turn looking at her smiling as she says, "Wow. That was amazing what you did there giving orders around even when you are an assistant intern like me. I wish I had the same level of respect as they give you to me as well. Especially even Dr. Brennan has respect for you and lets you go with her on the case with the FBI." I smile a bit as the others try not to laugh at me getting misunderstood as an intern again as I say to her, "Sorry Daisy for bursting your image of me like this... but they give me respect because I am not an intern like you or the other interns doing rotations." She looked confused as I sigh a bit but kept my smile as I stick my hand out towards her, "All right, let's redo this whole thing again. Hi, I am Dr. Venus Brennan and I work here at the institution." She shakes my hand freezing when I say my name as she has a look of processing that information.

Everyone looks at her wondering if she was okay as she hasn't said anything for a few seconds as we were about to ask if she was all right when she finally starts speaking, "Oh my goodness! I didn't know that you were a Dr. You look so young. How old are you? Wait! You said that you are a Brennan. Does that mean that you're related to Dr. Brennan... Of course, you are. What am I thinking. I didn't mean to disrespect you like that when I thought you were an intern. You must have a bad image of me, but I swear I am not a rude person or anything..." We all watch her ramble as everyone got over it as I then stop her by saying, "Daisy!" 

She stops as I sigh in relief, "You're fine Daisy. You did not offend my in any way. Like I said, people always misunderstand me as an intern here at the Jeffersonian. As for being a Brennan, yes, I am related to Dr. Brennan. Temp is my older sister. I am also 23 years old and as for how to address me, I would prefer you sticking with just Venus like you usually do. All right." She nods as I pat her back as she adds, "Wait! You're the same age as me?" I nod, "I guess?... I don't know your birthday, but if you are also 23 then yes, we are the same age." She nods, hugging me. "You are even cooler than before." I pat her back as Cam tries not to laugh as I look at her not knowing what else to do as she then suddenly let's go of me and backs away, "I shouldn't do that since you are still my senior regarding on our work experience here."