Episode 18 "The Blonde in the Game" Part 2

-Venus POV-

We are back at the lab in Cams workspace as She explains to us, "This is where the hamate bone was taken." Temp is walking around the table describing the victim to her recordings, "Victim is female, mid-teens." Cam adds, "Extensive contusions around the ankles." I nod looking at the X-rays, "Yes, and some bone damage, too. Hip displacement, elongation of the spine. He hung her upside down." Cam then says, "I agree-- and while she was still alive, too. Is that part of Epps-s M.O.?" "No." "So his accomplice threw in some flair of his own." Temp then says, "Nine years ago, Epps kills someone and buries her. He goes to jail seven years ago. Last week, his accomplice kills another girl and swapped wrist bones with the girl Epps buried nine years ago." 

I then ask, "How do they communicate?" "Inmates are allowed phone calls, visitors, letters, but those are all monitored." I then add, "He has a wife." Cam found something, "Look at this. It's a burn-- cigarette probably. And there's this. It was jammed in her shoe." Temp then ask, "She wasn't wearing it?" Angie then comes in, "The, uh, mine victim's dental work identifies her as Sarah Koskoff, Bethesda, Maryland-- disappeared three weeks ago. 16 years old." Temp looks at the file and repeats her name, "She fits Epps' victim profile perfectly.

I was in Temps office as Booth came back from Caroline Epps hair dressing salon as he says, "Sarah Koskoff was hung upside down before she was killed. That suggests a torture room. I was hoping... it was in the basement of the beauty salon, but, uh, my agents, they didn't find anything. What's that?" I looked at what Temp was holding as she gives it to him. Temp says, "Religious medal. Sarah had in her possession." 

I add, "It's St. Agnes, Patron Saint of Young Women." Booth nod adding, "Especially those who remain pure." Temp looks at us, "How do you both know all that?" "We're Catholic, Bones." "SAHS." "Yeah, St. Agnes High School..." I looked at Booth, "But didn't Sarah Koskoff went to a public school." Booth nods, "She did... Oh, God." Temp looks at us, "What? What does it mean?" Booth looks at us, "It means we have to go talk to a nun." I then question, "We?" "Yes, I am taking you with me. I don't want to be alone with a nun." I sigh, "Okay."

I am in Booth's office with Sister Dunne as she says, "We have no student at St. Agnes named Sarah Koskoff." I then ask, "Is it possible that she could be a friend of one of your students?" "As soon you called me last night, we implemented a telephone tree, asking precisely that question- no response." I nod as Booth asks, "Do the names Howard Epps, Caroline Epps, Caroline Mapother mean anything to you?" "May I have the keyboard?" "Yes, Sister, yeah, of course, here." Booth gives her the keboard and turns the computer towards her as I look away. I see Booth still looking as I cough a bit getting his attention and gave him a look saying to look away. "Oh, yeah. I'll-I'll be right over here. We're Catholic. I-I go to Mass every Sunday. Almost every Sunday. I'm very trustworthy."

She finishes typing out their names, "Nobody by any of those names. I feel that I have been very patient in regard to not asking what this is about." I then say, "It's about a murder victim. A young girl was found with a religious medal." Booth gives the sister the neckless as she looks at it she looks at us again, "Helen Majors." Booth asks, "Helen Majors? Who is that?" "This golden medal is given to the Holy Spirit Award winner every year. I presented this medal to Helen Majors myself." I then ask, "May we please see Helen Majors? Talk to her?" "Helen left school three days ago. No one has seen her since." I sigh, "Thank you very much sister for you help. It really means a lot to us." Booth nods, "Yes, uh, thank you." "I do hope you find her. I will make sure to give a prayer for her and both of your safety." We thank her as she says, "Well, then I must go and inform the other nun's at the school." Booth and I stand up as he says, "Thank you. Let me escort you out." I watch Booth nervously escorting her out as I look at the neckless and sigh.

We are in the car as we picked up Temp and she looks at a picture of Helen and the sister. "Three days ago, Helen had that medal. Yesterday, we found it with Sarah Koskoff's dead body. It's possible Helen is still alive." Booth then says, "We have Caroline Epps under surveillance." We all sigh as Booth gets a call and answers it. Temp then says, "I hate this. I don't want to find that girl's remains in some mine, Booth." "Reiner Hatin? Address. 7408 Haskell Street, Cleveland Park." He hangs up and goes to the radio, "22-705 to Control, I'm en route to a possible HRT incident at 7408 Haskell Street; requesting backup." We then hear them answer back, "Affirmative, 22-705- 7408 Haskell." Temp then asks, "What?" "Epps's prison letter logs show, in the last year, he wrote six letters to a man by the name of Reiner Hatin at that address. Caroline Epps might not be Epps's accomplice after all." I see Temp trying to find something as I ask, "What are you looking for sis?" "Where's the siren on this thing?" Booth then says, "Don't touch." He then turns on the siren as I chuckle a bit.