Episode 77 ''The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle'' Part 1

Venus POV

We are at a hotel in the laundry room floor as Booth explains to Temp and I, "Okay. So, the only way the body could've gotten down here... is if someone threw it down the laundry chute." Temp then says, "Well, that would seem to suggest homicide." "Yes, it would." I look at Booth and his tie, "Is that a new tie Ranger?" "Yeah, yeah. Yes, it is. You two like it?" I take a whole look at it and himself as I shrug a bit as Temp says, "I'm not sure why you'd want to wear frolicking cetaceans around your neck." Booth explains, "Because Catherine got it for me. Look, they're little dolphins." I take a closer look at the tie as Booth brings it over closer to my face as well as I nod a bit impressed. Temp asks, "The marine biologist?" "Yeah. Yeah, it was a present." I then say, "It looks good." Temp then says, "Interesting." Booth thanks me as we both look at her as he asks, "What do you mean interesting?"

We get to the crime scene as Cam says, "Check this out. Good luck on the I.D." We look into the huge washing machine as a piece of the body fell from the top of the roof as Cam continues, "Too bad they didn't do him on the delicate cycle, huh?" I nod, "Yeah or also a bit of a nice fragrance to it as well." Cam nods agreeing as Temp says, "Obviously the manufactures didn't anticipate human remains." I smile at Temp not getting it was just a joke as Booth says, "According to the laundry guy, the body could've been sittin' in a pile of dirty sheets... for two days before it got thrown into the wash." Cam then says, "Well, the heat in here would've sped up decomp." She takes a deep breath as she exhales saying turning on her led light on her head, "Look out, I'm goin' in." I nod as we watch her go in as I just stand on the stool as she does her thing inside the huge washer as Temp says, "Judging by the concavity of the rib end, the victim was middle-aged. Dismemberment occurred postmortem- most likely during the spin cycle."

Booth then asks, "What's so interesting about my tie?" "A gift is a social contract. A basic anthropological construct." I turn to the two adding, "Yeah, by giving you the tie, Cathrine has entered into a more serious relationship with you or how Temp puts it is entering into a social contract with you. Give and take it's the same." "Really?" Temp and I both nod as Cam says from inside the washer, "Fabric softener's permeated the soft tissue. Everything's swollen. Speaking of social contracts, do you like your gynecologist?" I nod a bit as Temp says, "She's extremely competent, yes. But I don't think she's accepting new patients." I then ask, "I thought you were happy with Dr. Oksenberg." Booth then interrupted us three, "Listen. Can you three just save the lady-part discussion for when I'm not here?" Cam explains, "Dr. Oksenberg moved to California. And I am looking for a doctor for Michelle. She's at that age, you know." Booth quickly shakes his head, "No, no, no, no. We are not gonna be discussing your daughter's sex life. Because A: She's a good girl. She doesn't have sex. And B: You're touching a dead body."

I look around us seeing how that is a bit weird I think as Temp says not understanding, "I don't follow your logic." Cam adds, "I'm always touching a dead body, Seeley. If I let that be a barrier to conversation I would nev-" A body part falls down as I catch it wearing my gloves before it hit Cam as she says, "Ooh!" Everyone looks at what I am holding as Cam says, "Thanks." I nod as Booth then says, "Okay. Can you just please remove the eyeball?" I cringe a bit as I say, "This is not an eyeball Ranger..." The three of us are standing together in front of Booth as he asks confused, "Mmm. What is it?" Cam answers, "I'll put it this way. Our victim was male." Booth looked shocked as Temp asks amused at his reaction, "Would you rather us go back to talking about lady parts?" In the end Booth was left speechless.

We are back in the lab as we had the skeleton up and put together on the table on the platform as Temp begins speaking, "The skeleton appears to have suffered... a great deal of damage in the washer." Hodgins then says, "That wins the understatement award for today." I chuckle a bit nodding in agreement as Temp continues, "It's going to be very difficult to find cause of death."  Hodgins then adds, "If the three pounds of much I've got here in the catch is any indication, then that washing machine it must've been a beast." I nod, "It is. Purposelessly designed for heavy duty staining and odor that enters it." Arastoo then says, "Dr. Brennan, Dr. Venus. I found something." Temp and I walk over to him as we look as well seeing the image on the computer as Arastoo points out, "Right here at the junction of the maxilla and palatine." I look at the wound as Hodgins asks, "Is it a bullet wound? What, he was shot?"