Episode 4 "A Boy in a Bush" Part 2

-Venus POV-

I was just about finished fixing the boys console controller when David spoke up, "Do you know what you're doing?" I chuckle "Of course I know what I am doing. I have a degree on engineering, this here for me is just kids play." Booth nods agreeing with me as he then asks to the boys, "So, you guys, uh... you guys have girlfriends?" David nods "I do." Sean then speaks up "Her name's Leila." "Leila? Leila ..." "I thought you guys were going to ask us questions about Charlie." I speak up as I finished fixing the controller and handed it to Booth, "I'm not FBI. I just the brains behind this muscle FBI." Booth then continues "Yeah, so which one of you puny mortals wants to challenge me first?" Sean cuts in taking the controller first. I then added in "I even made sure the console runs faster when uploading new games." Booth and I watch their movements seeing that they are hiding something.

An hour later Booth and I were outside as we talk to the kids. Booth lost multiple times "All right, look, you beat me bad!" David then speaks "No wonder you don't have a girlfriend!" Ms. Sanders scolds David as I chuckle, and Booth speaks up. "It's okay, Ms. Sanders. That's all right. No, I do have a girlfriend." Sean speaks in "She pretty?" "Nah. She's butt-ugly. She's got one glass eye, and ugly black teeth." We all laugh at that as I speak up to David "Now, was Leila with you the day that Charlie disappeared?" "Uh... yeah, actually. We stopped and played some video games at the arcade." "That must've been before you and Charlie went to the park." Ms. Sanders then cuts in "You didn't go to the mall that day, David." The boys look down ashamed as Ms. Sanders looks from David to Sean "Sean?" David speaks up "Don't ask Sean, Mom." Booth cuts in "You met Leila at the mall, didn't you? You left Charlie with Sean at the park." "Well, just for a few minutes and then they came back to the mall. Sean let go of his hand for a second. Charlie was gone like that! And then we came straight home!" I look at Booth "Charlie wasn't taken from the park, he was snatched from the mall. We've been looking in the wrong place."

Booth and I quickly made our way back to the lab to check out the security tapes Booth asked for at the mall. We made our way to Angie's workspace as Temp and Angie waited for us to start. "There are 20 surveillance cameras taking stills every two seconds throughout the mall, including access corridors and parking lots. I concentrated on the ones aimed at the public concourse." Booth then speaks "Okay, 10,000 people a day go through that mall. How we going to find one small kid?" Temp answers him, "Angela and Venus designed a mass recognition program to apply body types to skeletal remains." Angie continues "Endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph-that sort of thing. I modified it to scan two-dimensional images." I then added "In this case, we're looking for body masses roughly congruent with Charlie, Sean and David." Angie cuts me off "There's David." 

Booth then speaks "Angela your actually one of them, aren't you?" "One of who?" "The squint. You look normal, and act normal, but you're actually on of them." "This whole mass recognition program was Brennan's idea. I'm completely normal. Really." "Hey, Ranger, you should remember I am also not like other squints... I am a berry squint." "Of course, I wouldn't forget about that Blueberry. You don't need to worry." Temp then cuts in "I see Charlie." Booth then says "Whoa. That's him, all right." Angie and I were looking at the screen with sad eyes as Temp looked at us "Ang, Ven... are you both okay?" Angie speaks for the both of us as I clutched onto her shoulder... "These are probably the last pictures of this little guy alive. Why is he alone? Why isn't anybody with him? Sorry. Max. resolution is X-40 by 480 pixels per square inch." I cut her off "He's not alone. Someone's calling him over." Booth then speaks "Can't you just zoom in?" Angie answers "The fewer pixels that make up an image, the more the picture degrades once we zoom in on it. Did that sound too squinty?" Temp looks at me with a bit of a worried face before moving on "Any way, to enhance it?" "Well, I wouldn't bet a date with Colin Farrell on it." "I know him. He's funny." "Funny is Will Ferrell, honey. Hot is Collin Farrell." Booth then speaks "Look, the kid was definitely moving towards someone, all right? He wasn't struggling, he wasn't trying to get away. You know, I want to add the kid neighborhood kids- Skyler and Nelson-to the list of possible suspects." Angie speaks in "I have one other angle, but our bad guy is still obstructed in it." "Who the hell are you?"