Episode 31 "Stargazer in a Puddle" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We are at a crime scene as officers show Temp, Booth, and I were they found the body. It was very muddy as Temp and I had already prepared for that, unlike Booth. Temp says to him, "Well, you should've worn gum boots." "I'm fine, you know, I'm- I'm agile. So, Hodgins asked, uh, Angela to marry him." "Twice." "Whoa. And she, uh, turned him down both times." I nod as Temp says, "I heard all this from Angela." "Yeah, but did she tell you that he said that he was- he wasn't going to ask her to marry him?" I nod, "Yes." "And she said?" Temp answered, "I'd like to marry you." "Kind of sudden, Bones. Let me think about it." I start laughing as Temp tries to resolve the misunderstanding, "What? No, Booth. That's what Angela told Hodgins." Temp sees that Booth was joining me on laughing as she realizes that it was a joke, "You're joking. You know, a lot of psychologists say that jokes are the way we manifest our hidden desires."

Booth looks at her not seeing that he was going to step into a puddle, "Yeah." He grunts, "Geez!" I then ask, "You okay, Ranger?" "Yeah, I'm fine. What have we got?" An officer comes over to us, "Uh, during a foot pursuit last night, suspect tosses a knife into this much in an effort to avoid incarceration. The effluent gets drained we start finding stuff." Temp then asks, "Define 'stuff." "Stuff- cell phones, guns, knives, crack vials. Evidently, you wanna lose something in this vicinity, you toss it in here." He starts leading us downstairs as he continues saying, "Miscreants probably think it's some sort of bottomless pit." Temp asks again, "Does the word 'concise' mean anything to you?" "Uh, we found that. Concise enough?" He points his light at a body in a shopping cart.

Temp and I go closer inside the water as Booth say, "It's small. Is it a kid?" Temp looks at the body first. "Female. Pelvic Gridle and skull sutures suggest preadolescent." I then see something next to the cart as I point my flashlight at it, "Child's pencil case." Booth then asks, "How long has she been dead?" I then ask the officer, "Does this freeze over in the winter?" "Yeah. Solid." I nod, "It's possible she was placed here as long ago as last fall." Booth then asks, "Cause of death?" Temp answers, "Looks like a gunshot wound to the back of the head." "Can you guess the Caliber?" I take a step close looking at the gunshot wound, "Nothing larger than a .22." Booth then asks the officer, "Find any .22s?" "Two." "All right. Let's get an F.B.I. Forensic team down here and search for bullet fragments." "I'll go call it in right now." Temp found something and pulls it out she and I walk over to Booth as we read it as it said, 'I Love You'.  Temp then says to Booth, "You said that pedophiles can delude themselves into thinking they love their victims." We look at each other in a bit of sadness.

We are back in the lab looking at some X-rays as I circled two spots on the neck area as Temp asks Booth, "Do you know what you're looking at?" "The neck bone... that's connected to the shoulder bone." I smirk a bit as I say, "There's arthritic lipping here and here on the posterior dens" Booth concludes, "Arthritis." I nod, "For this to occur, she had to- she had to look up like this." I look up at the celling as Booth says, "Maybe she prayed a lot." Temp then says, "Four to six hours a day? What did she want so badly?" We then hear a voice that I missed badly as Temp and my dad came in saying, "Her father?" We look at him as I smiled as he says, "Hey babies." Temp and I both say at the same time, "Dad." I go over to him and hug him as he does the same and looks at Booth, "Booth." Booth takes out his gun pointing over to us, "Put your hands up." Temp then says, "Booth."

Dad moves me out of the way as he says to Booth, "I was hoping we could get a drink before this part." "Max Keenan, you're under arrest as an escaped felon." "Okay. Then I guess that's no on the drink, huh?" Booth looks over at Temp, "Bones, grab the cuffs out of my back pocket there." "No." "What do you mean no? Bones." Dad looks at her, "It's okay, baby." Temp tries to reason with Booth, "I don't want to handcuff my own father. Plus, remember when he saved yours and Ven's life?"  He looks at me as I shrug. He then sighs as Dad and tells Temp, "Just throw 'em over here. I'll do it myself." Booth adds, "He's tellin' me what to do. Put your hands on the wall."