Episode 4 "A Boy in a Bush" Part 1

-Venus POV-

I was watching Temp's seminar for scholar students. I was sitting next to Booth as he just arrived. At the end of her speech questions of her book was being asked instead of what she taught. Booth looks at me, "You want to see something funny." "You know it Ranger." He stands up and starts speaking "I have a question regarding the role of the FBI in your book. Who do you base brilliant and insightful Special Agent Andy Lister on?" I start snickering as Boss rolled his eyes at Booth "Oh, for God's sake." "Cause, you know, pretty sure it was me." I tried my best to not chuckle at this confrontation as Temp speaks up. "What are you doing here, Booth?"

We are now outside as Booth gives us a run down on a case. "Local police got an anonymous call saying that there were human remains in a field behind a mall out in the suburbs." Temp then speaks "I did an anthropological profile of the suburb as a grad student. The whole notion of a created community; a modern utopia with its own mores and rules-it's fascinating." I nod "It is indeed sis." Booth then adds "Fascinating for who?" Temp cuts in "To whom. Whom..." Booth then starts laughing making us look at him a bit weird "You got to be kidding me." I look at what he was looking at and I sighed "I know Ranger, but she insisted on parking like that." "What? My publishers gave it to me." Booth looks at her in a bit disbelief "Gave it to you?" "Yeah. Book sales are pretty good. It's supposed to be a nice car." "Gave it to you?!" "Yeah. I did try to offer Venus one as well, but she refused." "Why did you refuse Blueberry? And why'd you park it crooked?" I answered "For me it's because I am fixing a car right now. Here I will show you a picture of how it will look like in the end. It's a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429."

Booth takes a look at it and whistles, "Now that's a car

Booth takes a look at it and whistles, "Now that's a car. You are fixing it yourself?" "Yeah. It might take some time, but it will be worth it. Now as for Temp, a guy told her to always park it like that. But I tried to tell her otherwise." "What? He did." Booth cut in "He's wrong. Makes you look like an idiot." "How about I drive for once?" "No, I cannot show up at a crime scene in that." "Why?!" "Because it would detract from the gravity of my FBI presence. Especially if you parked crooked." "Why is the FBI involved in the search for human remains behind a suburban mall?" "Cause this boy is missing." I looked at the photo with sad eyes, "Oh. It's a kid Temp." "Yeah." "Let's hurry then you two" As I went over to Booth's car Temp speaks up. "Aren't you coming with me Ven." "Sorry to tell you this Temp, but Booth is right about the parking car." "Hey." We then left to the location

We got there and an officer starts catching us up, "Anonymous call came in a couple hours ago. No sign of him yet." Booth then speaks "How do you know it wasn't a prank?" The officer plays a tap of a young boy calling the police. "That rings true." Temp then speaks in "Why anonymous?" "Kids come here to party misbehave..." Temps cut him off "Adolescents and pre-adolescents tend to seek out their own space to establish their own society; to counter parental influence." The officer starts asking Temp, "You mind if I make an observation?" "No, of course not." "In your book, the cops come off as very one-dimensional. Why is that?" "One dimensional?" Zack then pipes in "You mean two-dimensional. One-dimensionality exists only in theory, as a mathematical value." "Okay. Really looking forward to your next book." I just stand there for a few minutes then looked at Zack "Uh, hey did you bring the thermal imager?" "I don't think we need it. It makes me look like the Great Gazoo." I smile a bit at him "What would you want in exchange for putting it on Zack?" "A kiss... but not on the cheek or the forehead like last time." "Then hurry and put it on Zackaroo." He nods and rushes off as Booth pips in, "Why do you always give him some type of hope Blueberry?" "What do you mean Ranger? I am just doing what he asks."