Episode 23 "Judas on a Pole" Part 1

-Venus POV-

I am sitting down by the doors as Zack is being interviewed and Temp was one of the five evaluating him. The doors are open, so I listen in  as one of them says, "Analysis of Bone Trauma." Zack then speaks, "When viewed in cross section, the pressure and force exerted by the weapon can be assessed." "Obtaining the cross section will compromise the original bone." I see Booth coming towards us as I stand up and wave at him. 

He waves back as he grabs my and pulls me with him as Zack says, "My technique preserves bone surface morphology through the use of polyvinyl replication. A transparent positive is made by covering the impression with an aqueous solution of synthetic polymer-" Booth interrupts the interview as he says, "Hey, Bones, come on. We got a body. Went up like a Roman candle. Hey, Zack, how's it going?" "So far they don't like me." "Shocker. Come on, let's go." Temp looks at him, "What? I'm in the middle of something." "Well, you know, real life murder and mutilation versus academic clap-trap, uh, no contest, sorry. No offense." Zack smile at us as I smile back at him. The professor on the left of Temp says, "This committee can carry on without you, Dr. Brennan." 

Temp and Booth start walking out of the door as I stop right up to Zack and look at him, "Zack, just answer the questions. Okay, and it's not that they don't like you... it's just that there acting professional. So don't worry to much, okay?" He nods as Booth comes back in the door and picks me up and throws me over his shoulder as I say, "You will do great Zack, just be yourself. We will still be proud no matter the outcome." And we disappeared from all of their views.

We are at the crime scene as Temp and I examine the body. I then say, "Male, middle-aged." Booth then asks, "What was that with Zack back there?" Temp answers, "Defending his dissertation. Last step before he gets his doctorate. I think these are what's left of his intestines." "Is he going to make it?" "No, he's very dead." I laugh, "Temp he means Zack." "Mmm, 50/50." "He's a stoolie." I ask, "Zack?" "Our victim. You know, he's a rat. Snitch." Temps asks, "What makes you say that?" "His guts got spilled, all right? You know, 'Spill your guts'?" Temp says, "Very literal." "Yeah, hang up there like a scarecrow, on the rooftop of a hotel used to house witnesses, it's a warning." I nod agreeing as I see something in his throat, "There's something jammed down his trachea. Lets take everything back to the lab and safely remove it over there." Booth and Temp nods as we start packing up.

We are back in the lab as Zack is taking out that thing that was jammed down his throat as he says, "I rectified their erroneous assumptions concerning polyvinyl replication." Hodgins then says, "You corrected them?" "Only when they were wrong. Are the remains ready for X-ray?" Cam says, "Yes. Maybe we'll get lucky and ID the poor bastard that way." Hodgins then says, "Oh, we just got lucky." Zack grabs the plate that contains a letter as he reads, "My name is Garrett Delany." 

Cam says, "There's something metallic here." She takes out a coin and we look at it. "This is going to turn out to be some freaky weird ritualistic thing, isn't it?" Hodgins then says, "Oh, man. I hope so." Zack then says, "Christopher Columbus." Cam then asks, "Where is Dr. Brennan?" I shrug as Zack says, "Her brother came for a visit." I look at him, "What?" He looks at me, "You don't know?" I shake my head, "Where are they right now?" "In her office..."

 I excused myself as I jogged to Temps office. I get there as Russ and Temp was about to sit down. "Russ!" He looks at me and smiles, "Ven!" I run up to him and we hug. "I didn't know you were coming to visit us?" He nods, "Yeah, I came here because I got a call from dad." We all then start to sit down around Temps desk as I say, "What?" Temp asks, "Dad called you?" I add, "You sure it was him?" He nods, "He said, 'You and your sisters are in danger,' and he hung up." I think about what he said and let it sink in as I don't want to take any risks of not believing in what he says.