Episode 6 "The Man on Death Row" Part 1

- Venus POV-

Temp and I were sitting in a conference room as Temp was being questioned trying to get approved to get a gun. On the other side of the table was Booth asking the questions. "Name?" "You know my name." "Bones, you are making an official request to the FBI to be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. I have to follow protocol." I chuckle at their conversation as Temp speaks. "It's ridiculous." "Fine. Then we're done here. You want to get some coffee...?" I pipe in "I could use some coffee. Where would you like to go?" Before Booth could say anything Temp cuts in, really wanting to carry a gun around. "My name is Dr. Temperance Brennan." "Reason for wanting a gun?" "To shoot people." "Not a good response." "It's the truth." I cut in "Uhh, sis you won't be getting a gun like that. You know that right? Ranger how about writing, for self-defense in performance of my duties pursuing suspected felons as contracted out to the FBI. That's way much better." "I like that. That's a good response Blueberry." Temp then adds in "So I can shoot them." Booth and I look at Temp with a really face as he continues asking Temp questions. "Have you ever been charged with a felony?" "Charged? Or convicted?" "Charged." "You know I have." "I have to ask the questions." "Bureaucratic nonsense." Nevertheless... Name of the arresting officer?" "You." I added in for her "Special Agent Seeley Booth." Temp then says, "Do we need to spell that for you?" "I can sound that out." "So, when do I get the gun?" We watch as Booth stamps on the paper and shows us that he denied it. 

I start laughing a bit as Booth speaks up. "You can't have a gun." "Why not?" "Because you were charged with a felony." "Write down that you were wrong to charge me." "There's no space for that." "Why'd we go through all this if you were never going to give me a gun?" "You have a Constitutional right to apply for a weapon. I would never deny your Constitutional right." "I need a gun!" "Rules are rules." "Tell them that I shot a murdered who was going to light me on fire." "Which is why you weren't convicted. But you did shoot an unarmed man. I can't ignore that. I swore an oath to protect society from people who shoot people." "It was only his leg and he's in jail for the rest of his life. How much is he going to use it, anyway? Plus, Venus had killed somebody. Yet she still has a gun." I cut in a bit sad about that, "Hey! First of all, it wasn't like I wanted to kill him. Second, he was armed, if I didn't, we all would've been dead. And thirdly I was not convicted for it." Booth nods at this and continues on with Temp. "You have the right to an appeal." "To whom?" We sit there as Temp realize who Booth was talking about. "Cullen? I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me." I nod as Booth answered, "I'm pretty sure you're right."

We walked out of the conference room into the offices as Temp still complained of wanting a gun. Booth sighs "Bones, you don't need a gun. If anyone needs shooting, I'll do it." What if you're injured or dead and someone still needs shooting? I'm not hoping it will happen. I'm just stating a possibility" "That's why Blueberry has a gun if that happens." "What happens if she is also injured or dead. Again, I'm not hoping it will happen." "You know what, Bones? You're a professor. You're not an FBI agent. Use your mutant powers- just talk people to death." "OOhhh, sis he got you there. Plus, you say anything about me again. I am trained for mostly every type of weapon." Temp sighs as we look at a lady walking up to us. "Am I interrupting?" Booth speaks "I told them not to let you in this building. I gave them your picture." "Which is why I wore the tiny skirt." "Mm-hmm. Very cute." He walks away as we were about to follow him, she looks at us introducing herself. "Amy Morton." "Temperance Brennan." "Venus Brennan." "You both work with Booth?" I nod as Temp speaks first. "Yes, I'm a forensic anthropologist." I then added, "And I also work with her, but I do a bit more than being a forensic anthropologist." Ms. Morton nods "I'm a defense lawyer. I tend to work against Booth." Booth then cuts in our conversation. "If it's all the same, I'd prefer you three didn't bond in any way." Temp speaks "Hey, I want to get back to the lab. You said I had to fill out some gun application form." "Mm-hmm. Send it back by courier. No hurry." We start walking away as Temp speaks to Morton, "Nice to meet you." As I take Temp's papers looking over them and waving by to her as well.