Episode 38 "The Knight on the Grid" Part 2

-Venus POV-

We are now going undercover in a taxi since I won the bet earlier, I got to drive the car. Booth was in the back seat as Temp got the passenger seat. Booth then says into the walkie-talkie, "All right, everybody keep their distance. I don't want to spook this guy." I was happily driving the car as Temp asks, "I have a question?" Booth quickly says, "No, you can't drive. We're undercover and I'm the taxi driver." "Then why is Venus driving and passengers don't sit in the front seat." "First, you are not a passenger, okay. You're both a trainee. And I'm training you both how to drive a taxicab and it is Venus turn practicing." I then see through the mirror that the motorcycle was driving past us a bit as the person turns to look at me for a few seconds as I just looked ahead with a smile. The guy then passes us to head towards the truck as Booth calls it in, "All units be advised. I got a motorcycle with no plates. I started to drive a bit faster as he makes a left turn. I also make a left turn as I see a bag placed on the ground as I press on the breaks as Booth says, "Whoa. Easy." The car stops as I say, Get down?" I grab Temps head and push it down as she says, "What? Why?" I quickly reversed the car and look back starting to drive backwards away from the backpack that was placed on the ground and also made sure that Booth has also ducked.

We didn't get away that far enough as the backpack explodes as I put myself a bit on top of Temp to protect her as the car flips over and back up straight. We were all injured as I got a cut along my face as I was going a bit in and out of conscious. I look to the side and see that Temp was out and Booth was still conscious as I as we groan. Booth was in better shape then the both of us as I looked at him, "Are you all right Ranger?" "Yeah. How about you?" I chuckle, "As painful as it could get. Temp is out though and I won't be able to break down the doors though. Get Temp out first." "Okay." Booth was able to get out as I shake Temp to wake up. After a bit she groans as Booth tells her, "Don't move." He gets to her as he says, "Put your arm underneath my shoulder. Come on, you ready?" Booth helps Temp out as I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out through the window as well as my back land on the concrete. I groan as Booth comes over with Temp and takes his hand out for me. I grab it and smile, "Thanks."

Temp comes over to me as we start checking each other, "Are you okay Ven?" "Yeah, I will be fine. How about you?" She nods as I smile, "That's good." Booth then says, "Paramedics are on their way." I then lead Temp to sit down as Booth also sits down on the sidewalk with us." Temp then says, "He knew who we were because I was sitting up front." Booth retorts back, "No, it was because of your bad acting, that's what it was." "What, back at the vault?" I sigh and stand up as Temp continues, "I was good." Booth counters, "No, you were loud. That's what they call overacting." "You shouldn't have shushed me- that's how he knew." I grew a bit irritated as they weren't helping in on the situation as I say a bit coldly and loudly for the two to hear, "Both of you stop. Neither of you are helping right now on the situation." We see an agent coming towards us as Booth then asks them, "Who's got the motorcycle?" "Nobody. We lost the follow car." 

Booth was mad, "Damn it!" I then ask calmer, "What about the truck?" "It's fine." "It seems that he knew the truck was a decoy. He wasn't trying to get the skeleton back." I look at Temp seeing her shoulder and going over to her as Booth says, "He was trying to kill us." I then say, "Ranger, look at Temps arm. There is a gash and something stuck in it." Booth quickly looks at her arm and grabs it checking it, "Oh, all right, easy. I got it." I rip the bottom of my shirt as Booth takes whatever was stuck on her arm as he asks, "What is that?" I quickly wrap her arm with the piece of cloth that I ripped off and stopping her arm from bleeding as the two looked at the thing. Temp then says, "It's a human tooth." I looked at it as I then said, "He put human teeth in his bomb for shrapnel." I looked at Booth as he start thinking the same thing as me as he says, "He was trying to kill us because... we knew his next target, the Corruptor, that lobbyist." I nod as I start dashing to the car with Booth behind me as Temp says, "Wait... Wait, I want to come." We looked at her, "Sorry Temp, but this time you need to stay there and help out here." She sighs as I take the passenger seat as Booth drives us off to Mr. Porter's place.