Episode 65 "The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken" Part 3

3rd POV

When Venus left the room quickly, she heard Wendell call out her name, but she didn't want to see him right now, so she just walked away even quicker. She tried to hold in her tears as she wasn't paying attention as she bumped into someone as she says, "I-I'm sorry..." It was Brennan as she hears her say, "It's all right Ven. Are you okay?" Venus looked at her and nod, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" "Venus, you're crying." "Huh?" Venus touches her face seeing that tears were already pouring out of her face as she says, "Oh, yeah... no. I'm all right. I just need some time by myself, if anyone asks, just say that I left out for a bit, and you don't know where I went." Brennan looks at her for a moment as she nods understanding seeing that something was going on. "Okay. But do call me if you need my help." Venus gives her a small weak smile nodding as she quickly leaves to her panic room. She closes the door quickly and goes to the bed as she sits s up pulling her legs to her chest and the blanket over her head as she lets go of herself as she beings to sob. She could always handle physical pain very well, but she never really dealt with emotional pain that included a boy in the picture. She has the slightest idea on how to handle that pain and situation and all she could do right now is cry it out until she could feel numb.

Venus has been crying for about 5 hours, but to her it might've felt like only a few minutes as Brennan was in her office doing some paperwork as well as Venus's because she was beginning to feel bothered about how Venus looked at her as if she was broken in some sort of way. It was a look that she only seen once when she told Booth, Sweets, and her about her secret of the project she was in. Brennan checks the time seeing that Venus still hasn't returned out of her panic room since five hours ago. She is broken out of thought as she hears someone knocking on her door as she looks seeing it was Wendell as she says, "Yes, Mr. Bray?" "Sorry, to bother you Dr. Brennan, but I was hoping for you if you have seen Venus anywhere?" Brennan repeats what Venus told her, "She had left a while ago." "Do you know where she went?" "No, she didn't disclose where she had gone to. May I ask why you are looking for her?" "I-I was hoping to discuss with her about something." She nods as he leaves looking around wondering where she had left to. Brennan watches as he was fully gone as she decides to call Booth since it was bothering her that Venus might not be okay.

She waits as she hears him answer, "Booth." "Booth, do you have time to come down to the lab." "Sure, did you guys find something?" "No, not we haven't found anything yet." "Huh?" "It's regarding Venus." "What happened to Blueberry?" "I am not sure, but she hasn't come out of the panic room in 5 hours. I think it has something to do with her emotions. And you are better with dealing with people's emotions than I am." "5 hours, you said?" "Yes." "I'll be down over in ten." "All right." She hangs up sitting back on her seat feeling a bit better that Booth would help handle the situation with Venus.

Booth arrived at the lab as he walks down towards Venus's panic room wondering what was going on that caused her to be in there for 5 hours. As he gets to the door, he slides his card in allowing him inside. He opens the door he hears her crying as he quickly enters closing the door. He assumes that she didn't hear him as he walks over to her crying seeing her figure hidden inside the blanket. He decides to make himself known before approaching her, "Blueberry." She sees her figure shifting as if she was looking at his direction as her cries quiet down a bit, but she was sort of hiccupping as well as she calls out, "Ranger?" "Yeah, it's me. What happened to you? Bones said that you haven't left out of this room in five hours." "5 hours?" "Yeah." "Oh... I-I'm sorry... I didn't see check to see how long I was in here." "What's wrong?" "I don't... I don't know..." She begins to cry again as Booth slowly takes the blanket off her face as he sees her hugging her chest with puffy eyes crying out still. 

He sits on the bed in front of her, "Well, I'm sure you do know something to make you like this." Venus looks at him seeing him patiently waiting for her to speak as she nods, "It hurts... it hurts a lot." He looked at her curious, "Where?" "It's not something you can see... I've dealt with many different types of pain before... but this one feel different it hurts more than any physical pain that I endured... I never felt this before... I don't want to feel this pain..." Booth seems to understand what she is going through as he sighs, "I see what's going on, your heart is broken." Venus looked at him a bit weirdly, "I would be dead if my heart was broken..." "Figuratively broken." She nods slightly, "Oh... have you had your heart broken?" Booth nods, "Yes I have. It also hurt a lot, that I didn't even want to get out of bed for a whole week." "That must have hurt a lot. Why does heart breaks have to hurt a lot?" Booth sits there thinking for the right thing to say as he then speaks, "It's because you put so much care into making them happy and when you see or hear that they never really needed you to be happy... it makes you feel worthless." She nods understandingly as he then asks, "So, who is it?" She looks at him briefly and back down at the bed, "Wendell..."