Episode 80 ''The Beginning in the End'' Part 2

Venus POV

Cam and I entered the main conference room by the agriculture department a bit earlier than the time meeting as my assistant Jimmy was there as well knowing the situation as the three waited for the others to arrive. And one by one the heads of each department arrived taking a seat all around. Once everyone has taken their seats I begin the meeting, "Hello everyone, thank you for taking your time to come to this meeting, I know many of you are very busy in your departments and research so I greatly appreciate for all of you coming." They all nod some even commenting on it as I continue, "The reason I call you all to this meeting is because I have some important news that you all should be informed off." Everyone now seemed to look curious wondering what I would say as I then tell them, "I'll be temporarily leaving the Jeffersonian and my position for a while." Many looked shocked and in disbelief as I could tell there were one or two that seemed to be a bit excited as one person asks, "How long will you be gone for Dr. Venus?" "I haven't yet be given a set deadline for how long I'll be gone but be assured that it will be longer than 2 months."

Dr. Bancroft then says with a smile, "You will surely be missed Dr. Venus. But if you'll be gone, then who shall be put forth into your position? I suggest that we can take on a vote between all of us to who shall step up into this role you're leaving behind temporarily of course." I smile knowing how much he wants my position and his dislike for me ever since I was hired here at the Jeffersonian taking his spot for someone being working there longer than me as I then say, "Yes, I very much understand your concern Dr. Bancroft and greatly appreciate your suggestion. But I've already taken into great consideration and thought on who shall take my place for the moment." Everyone listens in eagerness wondering who it would be as I continue to say, "Seeing how everything seemed to be working well and accustomed our system is going, I thought it would be best to bring back someone who you've all already worked with for many years before I arrived here, so you all wouldn't be needing to feel any sort of pressure or worriedness of any changes taking place while I'm gone. So..."

I turn looking at Jimmy as I whisper to him, "Would you please to see if he's ready? If he is please bring him in." Jimmy nods leaving the room for a moment as a few seconds later the door opens as Jimmy comes inside giving me a nod as I smile standing up, "As I was saying please welcome back Dr. Goodman." Everyone turns watching as Dr. Goodman enters the room as many are surprised seeing him back as he says, "Greetings everyone, it's a pleasure to see all of you again and work alongside you all once again." I smile as Dr. Goodman comes over to me as he and I shake hands as he says, "It's good to see you Dr. Venus. I'm honored to take your place once again until you come back." I smile nodding, "The pleasure is mine for agreeing to come back, I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to do this better then the person who taught me so well." He chuckles a bit, "You still give me much credit." "Rather than too much I don't think you get enough." He chuckles a bit more as we turn back to the others as I then say, "As we are still gathered together, I think it's best for each department to give us updates on any issues that are needed to be addressed and fixed and anything else that helps keep Dr. Goodman updated on how we are all doing so far." Everyone nods as Jimmy brings up another seat for Dr. Goodman as we all take a seat watching each head of the department take turn.

The following day I arrived at the parking lot of the Jeffersonian as I exit my car walking over to the building entrance as I slow down seeing a full-bird colonel in the U.S. Rangers seeming to be waiting by the entrance. He looks at me letting me know that he was waiting for me as I sigh walking over to him as I stand in front of him as I ask, "What is it?" "We're losing men every day. Men who don't have to die and wouldn't if they were trained." I nod seeing that Jones was right as I smile chuckling a bit as I say, "You want me to talk to him, don't you. Try to convince him to 'Do the right thing'." He just looks at me answering, "I was told he'd listen to you more than I was able to talk to him." My smile dropped as I tell him seriously, "No, I have done everything that you all tell me to do, even know so I'm still doing it. But I will not go and convince someone who I respect and see as family and manipulate their mind thinking that by joining the army again when he already made a life here and happy with being with his son and job. You can find someone else just as capable as Booth to do the same job Colonel." He just nods a bit as he then says, "Just think about it." He then walks away as I tighten my grip of my bag and grit my teeth disliking how they are bringing Booth into this situation, just to make sure I don't back away from them.