Episode 81 ''The Mastodon in the Room'' Part 1

3rd POV

Seven Months Later~

In the Federal Corner's Lab Washington, D.C. Cam is checking the reports that includes of an unidentified body of a child as she sees that the remains are unknown as she sighs in frustration not knowing what to do to solve the skeletal remains.

Over at Kakwari, Northern Maluku Province, Indonesia, Daisy and Brennan just finished digging up an area not finding much as Daisy says, "Day 213- found nothing." Temp looks at her, "Well, three months ago we found onyx bead. No offense, Dr. Brennan, but what we're looking for is evidence of early man, not jewelry that's barely 2,00 years old." Daisy was about to input her stuff in the back of the car until she starts screaming. There's a large snake inside as Brennan looks at it and begins taking the snake out as she says, "I find it interesting that I am only afraid of snakes when Booth is around to be jumped upon as well as Venus. But she would've probably shot it instead.

In Quryah, Helmand Province, Afghanistan, Booth is out with his squad on a mission as they wait for their interpreter to finish talking to one of the local women as she speaks in a low tone pointing over at a direction. They get a nod from the interpreter as they all make their way over to him as he tells Booth, "She says two insurgents, five minutes ago, went to kidnap child of NATO interpreter. But she says she doesn't know anything about Lieutenant Colonel Brennan." Booth was frustrated about that but wasn't going to give up yet as Venus had been taken 4 months ago by an unknown group and his group was sent out to look for her as this was the last intel they got about her whereabouts. Booth then asks, "We gonna allow that?" His group shakes his head as Booth then tells them, "Just like we trained, boys, a hundred times, right?" They nod as Booth takes the lead as they go to the said building as Booth and a college takes the front as the others go and set up in the other directions. Booth watches as they displayed a smoke grenade through the window as the two-wait seeing the explosion inside as they then raided inside. Booth goes in first with his cover behind him as Booth shoots down two men. They then go out to the back seeing that one of his guys had captured on of the insurgents as they keep on looking around as they finally spot two men taking a boy with them as the boy's mother is shouting crying to not take her son. Booth quickly goes downstairs as his partner goes around the other way as Booth runs telling the mother, "Stay back. Stay back!" One of the men turns around taking out his weapon as Booth shoots him down.

The other in hand of the child lifts him upholding him hostage as he has a gun to the boy's head as Booth tells him, "Put the boy down. Put the boy down." The man yells something at Booth as Booth continues, "Don't pretend you don't understand what I'm talking about. You put the boy down or I'll shoot you now." The man continues to back up not wavering as Booth moves up along with him not going to give in as well. Right before the man gets to the main road Booth's partner comes from behind the man with a cocked pistol to his head. The man drops the kid and the gun to the ground getting on his knees as the boy runs over to his mother. The mother tells Booth as his partner asks the man some questions, "Thank you. Thank you. This would not have happened if his father was here, where he is supposed to be, instead of off fighting someone else's war." Booth looks at her understanding as he then asks her, "I'm glad your boy is okay, but I was wondering if you happened to see a soldier around here with some other people." He takes out a photo of him and Venus in their uniforms as it was just days before she was kidnapped showing it to the woman. The woman takes the photo getting a better look as it seems that she did recognize her as she hands Booth the photo back as she says, "I've seen her once. She helped me and my boy keep hidden about four months ago from these men. They took her but they didn't realize we were their either, thanks to her. Once they were gone, I picked this up as it seemed she dropped it. She takes out what seemed to be one of the two dog tag's as she hands it to Booth.