Episode 56 "The Cinderella in the Cardboard" Part 2

-Venus POV-

We went back to the FBI headquarters to talk with the Fiancé again as Temp and I were on the other side of the interrogation room with Sweets as Mike says, "I don't believe it. There's no way Meriel was cheating on me." Booth asks, "You're sure?" "We were engaged, Agent Booth." Temp then asks Sweets, "Would you want someone to tell you if your girlfriend was cheating? Or do you favor denial?" He looks at her, "No, I mean, I'd know if Daisy were cheating on me, Dr. Brennan. I'm trained to recognize the subtleties of human behavior. So, it's a moot point." Temp and I give each other a look as we pay back attention to the questioning as Booth says, "You know, I think you found out she was cheating. I mean, she wasn't really discreet. Using your cell phone to meet other guys. It's understandable that you snapped." "Are you sure about this list?" "Yeah. That's what makes it so understandable. Where were you the night that she disappeared?" "Dance class. Genie told me how important that first dance was to Meriel, and I just wanted to be perfect for her."

Temp then says to Sweets, "In our sessions, you put a high premium on honesty, don't you, Dr. Sweets?" He nods, "Of course. You think he's lying?" "Uh, no. I'm talking about you and Daisy." I stop and look at the two seeing where this was going to lead up to as I sigh knowing that Temp was going to do what she wanted anyways as she then says to him, "She's engaged to be married, and she's sleeping with you behind her fiance's back." "What? No. You're wrong, Dr. Brennan. That can't be. You're wrong." "Obviously, you can't read all the psychological subtleties that you think you can. Booth and I saw her trying on her wedding dress with her fiance. He hugged her and twirled her around in the air." Sweets shakes his head, "That's impossible, Dr. Brennan. I would have known." "This is denial, right?" "No, I mean..." He then starts thinking about something as it finally clicked in his head as he says, "Oh, God." Temp then says, "Booth felt that I shouldn't tell you, that it was none of our business, but I think that now you can make an informed decision. Either share Miss Wick... or move on." I sigh and pat Temps shoulder seeing Sweets look broken as he says, "Um... I'm sorry. Could-could you excuse me for a moment. I need, I need a minute to myself." I nod and start pushing Temp out of the room as I close it as I sigh a bit louder, "Your intentions are good Temp, but the reasoning behind it needs a bit more work."

I am back at the lab in Angie's room as with her, Wendell, and Cam as he says, "I found fractures on the piece of the cranium inconsistent with the compression form the baler." We land on a photo as he says, "Stop. That's a good one. Dr. Brennan thought we might be able to find the cause of the fracture by reexamining photos of the tissue." Cam then says, "Isolate her head full frame." Angie does so as she then says, "I don't see anything, guys." I then say, "We're not looking on the surface, we're looking beneath it." She nods, "Okay, well, I need to enhance the details. I can shower the image with various wavelengths of light. Next, I apply the filter software. Finally I blacken the blacks, maximize contrast and sharpen the focus." We see a better focus as Cam says, "Perimortem bruising." Angie then says, "That's a tire tread." Wendell then adds, "She was run over by a car." I nod as Cam adds, "Seems like our victim was flattened before she was flattened." I nod, "I will gather some data and see if we could see what type of vehicle she was flattened out with." The others nod as Wendell speaks, "I'll help you." I nod, "Sure, let's get going then." We left making our way over to get materials and paperwork to work on it.

It was the next day and Temp, Cam, Angie and walk inside her office as she says, "Wendell and Ven's data suggests that she was struck by an SUV." I nod, "The patella fractures are several centimeters higher than a standard car bumper." Angie then asks, 'You didn't find any incised wounds with glass or paint, did you?" Cam shakes her head, "No, why?" "I'm just confirming that the victim didn't wrap around the hood. Which means that her center of gravity thrust her backward, something like this." She puts up a scenario on the Angelator as she asks Temp, "Hey, whatever happened to your online dating thing?" "I didn't have the time to properly sort through all the potential matches." Cam then asks, "You thinking of trying it?" Angie and I shrug as Temp says, "I think Sweets should sign up." Cam then asks, "Did you really tell Sweets that Daisy was cheating on him?" I nod, "Yes, she did." Temp then says, "Everyone seems to think that I've done something terrible. I didn't want to lie." Cam then says, "In this case, it was definitely the way to go." Angie then says, "Okay, ladies, It's ready." We watch the scenario as Meriel gets hit by the car as all of the girls flinch but me as it now just shows the car with blood as Angie says, "In newer model SUVs, the grill protrudes almost as far as the bumper. It's like being hit by a battering ram." Cam then asks, "I thought you said you found tire treads on her head?" "No, I'm not finished. Assuming this was done on purpose, the driver backed up to see where his victim had landed. And then, he gunned it."