Episode 63 "The Bond in the Boot" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We were called in at a crime scene in a parking structure at the top floor. We get out as Temp explains to Booth how she got a Rolex from her publisher as Booth says in disbelief, "A Rolex? They just gave you a Rolex?" Temp nods, "My book was number one on the best-seller list for 12 weeks. It sold 630,000 copies. They're, you know, showing their appreciation. They even tried to give Venus one since they know that she helps me out with the book." I nod, "Yeah, but I didn't want it. I don't really need it, since I already have a simple one that functions just fine." Booth then says, "Wow. So that means that you made-" Temp looks at him, "I don't really know how much actually. But I was told I'll never have to work again or Venus. But she never really has to work at all since about 2 years ago." Booth looks at us amazed, "Wow." His phone rings as he picks it up, "Booth. What? No. Slow down, pal. That is extortion right there." "What? No. No. Forget it. No. There's no way I'm paying that. Bye." He hangs up and says to us, "Some plumber, he wants to charge me 800 bucks to fix the plumbing in my walls. Forget it. I'll do it myself." Temp then says, "Oh, that should be no problem. You've told me numerous times how skilled you are as a repairman." I nod agreeing, "You even given me wonderful tips on how to do some stuff."

Booth nods, "Right. Well, since after the coma, I seem to have forgotten a few things. I'm gonna have to figure out how to do it myself all over again." Temp then says, "I could lend you some money." "That's okay, Miss Rolex. I'll be fine." I then say, "I could do it for you. I will not charge you at all." Temp nods, "She's really good. She does all the repairs in our house." "Thanks. But I think I should do it so I could you know, remember and not have to worry about it anymore." I nod, "Understandable." Temp then say, "Well, if you change your mind-" "I'm all right." We then see the corps with cats by it eating it as Booth then says, "This is exactly why I hate cats. Right there." I start smiling, "Kitties!" I start going over to them as Temp says, "They're feral. They're natural scavengers. Hodgins is going to have to sift through their excrement for evidence." I pick one up and begin to pet it as it purrs as Booth says, "Right. Don't wanna take his fun away from him, huh?" He then sees me, "Blueberry put that cat down. It just ate someone." "I'm just holding him so he doesn't run away..." "Sure with that petting, it's a guarantee that cat won't run away." Temp then says, "I need all these cats brought back to the Jeffersonian." I watch the two try to get the cats off the body as they just do some sorts of call that doesn't work. I just chuckle a bit handing one of the cats to the crew as they go to put them away. I then go over and begin to pick up the cats handing them to people as they put them away.

Once they were all removed Temp then begins to examine, "The victim is an adult male, Caucasian." I then speak next, "Bullet wounds to both the sternum and the third left rib. Hand is severed just below the radius." Booth then says, "Barely anything left of this guy. How long has he been out here?" Temp answers, "From the degree of scavenging, I'd say two days."  I then found something as I called Booth over, "Ranger?" "Yeah." "He suffered comminuted fractures to the femur." "Right. He broke his leg. I get it. Somebody ran over him after he was shot." I nod as we watch him call someone over, "Hey you. Do me a favor and pull some paint samples off that speed bump, okay?" I stand up and back up a little as Booth stands next to me as we hear meowing. We look to see three cats looking at us as Booth asks, "Why are the cats staring at us?" They all begin to like their lips as Booth and Temp were weirded out. I then say pullout a bag of kibble from my pocket, "Oh, it could be they smell this kibble that I got from one of the people over there." They then have both a relief look as I bend down calling the cats, "Come here kitties." We watch as all three cats come over to me as I hand each of some kibble. They eat it as they were done, they all jumped at me surprising us. I hold two of them in my arms as one sits around my shoulders lying there all comfortable as Booth says, "Well that's one way to get them." I nod as I say, "Could they go with us?" "No." "Please. I'll give them to Hodgins later when we get back in the lab." Temp then says, "Sure. It's not like they are going to go anywhere." Booth then says, "You do know that's my car, right." We both nod as he sighs, "Fine they could ride along." I smile happily as Temp does some last preparations before they could take the body back to the lab.