Episode 10 "The Woman in the Garden" "Part 1

-Venus POV-

Temp, Booth and I get to the crime scene as Temp asks, "Why did they call in the FBI to Little Salvador?" Ranger answers, "Well, you know, car's got Virginia plates, it crossed state line. Then there's the suspected gang member, then there's RICO to deal with. What... Bones, do you really want to know?" "No, I was just using it as an excuse to make conversation and reestablish our connection." "What?" "Well, I read a book about improving work relationships. It's not fair to expect you to tell us everything." "I appreciate the effort, Bones." I pipe in, "My relationship to the both of you is so well and I am so happy that you are both making an effort to have a better relationship between the two of you." We walk and look around as Temp speaks, "It's like they recreated their country here. Right down to being terrified of the police." I sigh as Booth speaks, "Yeah, well, a lot of these people, they're undocumented. They get nervous around law enforcement. What do we got?" The officer then speaks as we walk towards the arrested person. "He ran the stop sign. I pulled him over, he tried to run." Booth looks at him then starts speaking up, "Oh, look at this, huh? A Mara Muerte tattoo. It's one of the most feared gangs in the area. No wonder he was chauffeuring a dead body around, huh? Couldn't just join the Boys Club, pal?"

I look around as Temp asks, "And we're here because...?" The police officer shows us to the back of the trunk. "Routine inspection of the vehicle... I found this." Temp and I look at the remains and I speak up first as Temp goes in and touches it. "Vertical brow ridge suggests female. Recently dug up, looks like." Temp nods and looks over at Booth "Could you hold his hands up, please? We should analyze the dirt on his hands and compare it to the dirt on the shovel and the remains." I jump, "Oh, I got that. I could take the samples and send it over to Hodgins later, so one of us could figure it out." She nods as Booth speaks, "Where was she buried?" Temp then translates in a kind of bad Spanish, "Sabes donde esta enterrada? Por que la desenterraste?" I chuckle as Booth looks between the two, "Great. Now he's ignoring us in two languages. " I shrug, "Maybe he could only do sign language." I start doing sign language asking the same question, when I stopped midway as he gave me a funny look. "He doesn't know sign language. Yeah, he was just ignoring you Ranger." Temp then asks Well, Where's the nearest cemetery?" The officer answers, "Closest one I know about is Holy Rood, but it's a good ten miles from here."

I sigh as Temp and turns to the public, "Disculpe... Nos podrian ayudanos? Es que queremos saber se hay un cermenterio aqui?" We watch as the people leave the scene as Booth speaks, "Maybe your Spanish is a little rusty." I shake my head, "Nah, she said the words right, but she did sound bad, right?" I look over at the suspect and he just nods. As Booth looks at this interaction, "But you do answer her question." "Hey, at least you know he knows English." Temp ignores our statements and speaks, "They come from a place where getting involved gets you killed." I sighed knowing she was right. Right then we start hearing gun shots coming towards us. I start pushing the two to cover as the windows broke. We jumped to get down and I jumped towards Temp laying on top of her and covering her with my body as Booth takes his gun out. The car leaves as Booth starts chasing the suspect and Temp and I are still on the ground with me still on top of her. I looked all around to make sure there was no one else and looked down and I roll off her. We both get up slowly as I check her making sure she was okay. "Are you okay Temp?" "Yeah..." before she could ask me the same, I cut her off, "That's good let's go catch up with Ranger." She nods and we head where Booth ran into an alleyway, and we see him alone. I sigh knowing he didn't catch him as he turns and looks at us.

He walks to towards us, "Hey... are you both okay?" I nod, "I think so... But now that the adrenaline has died down, I am getting a stinging sensation on my back and right arm." They both looked at me and Temp takes of my sweater seeing blood coming out from my back in different areas and we all looked at my arm seeing cut on it. Temp then lifts my shirt up from behind and checks it out making sure it wasn't as bad as it seems. She sighs, "It's a good thing you just got skimmed but it still looks like you will need some stitches in some areas, especially your arm." I nod as Temp takes out a cloth that she had in her pocket and wraps it around my arm and tying it to make the bleeding stop. Booth then speaks, "Alright, let's get Blueberry to the hospital and then I will drop both of you off at the lab. We nod and head towards the car as Temp sits in the back with me and makes sure to look over me again just in case, I didn't have any more injuries anywhere else.